Leidos is seeking an Air Worthingness Engineer to support the Royal Saudi Air Force (RSAF) in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. Candidates. The Air Worthines Engineer will be part of the Contractor Engineering and Technical Support team in support of a US Air Force Foreign Military Sales (FMS) program to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. This is a one-year assignment with option to renew. Assignment location may be one of seven locations in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia per the Performance Work Statement.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Review designs for changes to existing systems to improve reliability, maintainability and/or performance.
- Perform integration, verification, validation, test and instructional tasks.
- Perform studies and participate in research, development and implementation of programs. Evaluate and perform cost benefit analysis of improvement initiatives.
- Recommend improvement/upgrade programs for RSAF aircraft systems and support equipment. Review and recommend RSAF authorizations of engineering modifications. Progress approval of improvement initiatives through external design organizations and technical authorities.
- Define requirements and manage the implementation and acceptance of new buy and upgrade programs.
- Investigate aircraft related problems affecting fleet performance. Monitor test programs and evaluate test data to identify problems and/or to verify performance.
- Participate in accident investigations. Evaluate and provide recommendations on major defect and aircraft incident reports.
- Prepare staff correspondence to organizations internal and external to the RSAF.
- Support RSAF officers at meetings and participate in design and program management reviews.
- Manage and coordinate engineering modification projects. Consequently, a large proportion of time will be spent proactively planning and organizing resources within the RSAF to ensure tasks are completed to meet project timescales, which often are dependencies for other projects.
- Plan for the involvement of other agencies from within the RSAF and its' associated programs. Responsive to RSAF inputs and requirements, both immediate and long term is essential with the RSAF demanding the highest quality in all cases.
- Rationalize all inputs and coordinate outputs to achieve maximum co-operation and support.
- Produce briefings, engineering drawings, specifications, interface control documents, engineering reports, test plans, Technical Orders, and Time Compliance Technical Orders in detail from data which he will be responsible for defining and collecting. Verbal briefings and presentations on the above will be given to the Director and Team Manager on a daily basis
- Comply with all RSAF safety directives and instructions
- Engineering Degree Bachelor of Engineering in Mechanical, Electrical, Structural, Aerospace, or Aeronautical Engineering. Master's Degree or higher and Chartered Engineer status is desirable.
- Minimum of 15 years of experience in the field of aerospace, aeronautical, structural and/or systems engineering disciplines for civil and/or military aircraft and equipment, especially in the area of airworthiness certification/critical aircraft safety.
- Progressive experience in airworthiness certification of aircraft and/or related products for civilian and/or military aircraft (manned or unmanned).
- Expertise, knowledge and/or training on Federal Aviation Administration
- (FAA) Order 8130.2G, Airworthiness Certification of Aircraft and Related Products;
- International Civilian Aviation Organization (ICAO) Airworthiness Manual Document 9760; European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) Airworthiness Certificates Part 21; and/or General Authority of Civil Aviation (GACA) Regulation Section 8 Airworthiness of Aircraft.
- Involvement with the design, development, and integration of complex military systems; and experience in overseeing design and development of aircraft projects. Must have participated in airworthiness certification process on various aircraft (military or civilian).
- Ability to develop and integrate concepts that involve requirements, design, prototyping, production, testing, training and logistics support in all phases of the weapon system life cycle, including all aspects of technical program that involve trade-off of performance life-cycle cost risk probability
- Good written and verbal communication skills in the English language.
- Strong interpersonal and team working skills.
- Computer literate and an experienced user of the Microsoft Office suite of programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Project).
- Knowledge of aviation quality management systems, continued airworthiness and project management.
- A good all-round awareness of RSAF processes and procedures.
- A good all-round awareness of RSAF programs, Suppliers, Original Equipment
- Experience with Manufacturers (OEM), Government to Government Standard Agencies, International Standards Agencies and academic/research establishments.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.