Leidos is seeking an Aircraft Systems Engineer to support the Royal Saudi Air Force (RSAF) in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. The Aircraft Systems Engineer will be part of the Contractor Engineering and Technical Support team in support of a US Air Force Foreign Military Sales (FMS) program to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. This is a one-year assignment with option to renew. Assignment location may be one of seven locations in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia per the Performance Work Statement.
- Advanced Engineering Degree (MA/MS) and twelve (12) years of directly related experience; OR BS degree in Engineering and fifteen (15) years of directly related experience; OR twenty (20) years of directly related experience with proper certification(s). Chartered Engineer Status is desirable.
- Experience in the field of system engineering maintenance including design, development, integration and test of civil and/or military aircraft and equipment.
- Experience in senior engineering management with a thorough knowledge of engineering authority processes.
- A working knowledge of international regulation and policy for military and civil aviation as well-as International trade in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
- Must be able to develop and integrate concept, requirements, design, prototyping, production, testing, training and logistics support in all phases of weapon system life cycle, Including all aspects of technical program that involve trade-off of performance, life-cycle cost, risk, producibility, supportability, testability and other engineering requirement in aircraft mechanical, electrical and engine disciplines.
- Must be able to perform review of requirements and translates them onto technical specifications of equipment, software, facilities, data, and personnel; provide technical and guidance to lower level technical personnel as necessary. Experience will include technical involvement as applicable in one or more of the following: Research, design, development, production; testing, and performance of theoretical studies, analysis of system design, and recommendations to expand performance and enhance design of applicable system.
- Strong leadership qualities with proven interpersonal and team working skills.
- Computer literate and an experienced user of Microsoft Office suite of Programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Project).
- Knowledge of aviation quality systems, Airworthiness, airframe engineering, aircraft control systems, aircraft avionic systems, design engineering, manufacturing, project/program, management, systems engineering, test engineering and aircraft systems integration.
- A good all-around awareness of RSAF programs, Suppliers, original Equipment manufacturing (OEM) Government to government standard Agencies, international Standard Agencies and academic/research establishments.
- Knowledgeable and proficient in using Technical publications relating to work responsibilities.
- Knowledge of policies and procedures relating to administration, communication, correspondence, messages, publications, and forms management, general office management, overall organizational structure, and its interrelationship with the mission.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.