Leidos are a growing company delivering innovative technology and solutions focused on safeguarding critical capabilities and transformation in frontline services, our work in the United Kingdom includes addressing some of the most complex problems in defence, healthcare, government, safety and security, and transportation.
We are looking for an IT Service Desk Analyst to join our Bristol based team. The role is responsible for providing first line technical assistance to customers, relating to both company-supported and military specification computer applications and platforms. Responds to queries, runs diagnostic programs, isolates problems, and determines and implements solutions. The role holder will also ensure that customers are satisfied with the response and that it meets their quality expectations.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide first line customer support in response to incidents and requests. Support includes technical assistance for issues related to computer systems, software, and hardware to include company-supported and military specification computer applications and platforms.
- Respond to interactions either in person, over the phone, via e-mail, and/or through formal ticketing systems.
- Where the customer issue extends beyond first line support remit, correctly categorize and route the interaction to the appropriate second line resolver team, both inside and outside the company
- Write end-user training manuals, guides, and FAQ documents.
- Maintain daily performance of computer systems.
- Install, modify, and repair Windows-based desktop and laptop computer hardware and software.
- Work with hardware and software vendors to resolve end-user problems.
- Run diagnostic programs to resolve problems.
- Able to diagnose and resolve technical problems with Local Area Networks (LAN), Wide Area Networks (WAN), and other systems.
- Install computer peripherals for end-users.
- Use available knowledge base to answer problems and questions
- Follow standard service desk procedures
Key Result Areas:
- Log and track service desk interactions in service management tool
- Triage technical issues for optimal problem resolution
- Redirect problems to proper resource
- Identify and escalate situations requiring urgent attention
- Track and route problems and requests and document resolutions
- Prepare activity reports
- Inform management of recurring problems
Minimum Qualification/Education Level:
- Degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science or related discipline. Relevant experience may substitute for the degree requirement on a year for year basis.
- Working knowledge of fundamental operations of relevant software, hardware and other equipment
- Experience with IT service management tools or a similar ticket system a plus
- Knowledge and experience of customer service practices
- Knowledge of ITIL service management methodology is advantageous
- Related experience and training in troubleshooting and providing IT service desk support
What do we do for you?
We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent.
Our reward scheme includes:
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
- Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, and cycle to work scheme)
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Other Clearance
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Customer Support
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.