The Defense group of Leidos has an opening for a Network Operations Lead to be located in the Colorado Springs, CO area.
Our customer maintains a highly demanding mission and requires our support to provide expert technical and professional management support to the commands enterprise Information Technology (IT) services. The Network Operations Lead will support a program that provides sustainment, maintenance, Problem and Change management services to help ensure secure, reliable, and uninterrupted availability of the Department of Defense IP networks.
This position will report directly to the Technical Management Lead.
- Supervise an All-star team of Network and Cable Operations technicians
- Oversee User level maintenance support for Voice, Video and multi-media systems cabling maintenance
- Direct scheduling on periodic inspection and testing of systems and conference rooms
- Direct testing as needed with secure mobile services
- Oversee circuit troubleshooting using router commands, loops, alarms and errors, and other troubleshooting technologies and techniques
- Drive Utilization of network monitoring tools to monitor, track and resolve issues; escalate issues when necessary
- Manage creation and updates to section assigned trouble tickets
- Provide Tier 3 network troubleshooting technologies on a live, global network
- Manage and schedule personnel to pull shifts in NORAD/USNORTHCOM Command Center (N2C2)
- Number supervising: 7 FTEs
- Bachelor's degree and 4 + years of prior relevant experience or Masters degree with 2 + years of prior relevant experience.
- Experienced in executing the tasks associated with leading and managing small teams.
- Must have DoD-8570 IAT Level I baseline certification at start date
- Must have CCNA certification or Juniper Certification.
- Experience with one or more of the following: alarm surveillance, fault management, LAN maintenance, performance management
- Expertise in one or more of the following: routers, switches, crypto devices, routing, DSN/DRSN, Video Services, Promina, CISCO, Juniper, MSPP, DWDM, Optical Switching
- General understanding of network topologies, both transport and IP
- Currently possess an active Secret security clearance with ability to obtain Top Secret/SCI clearance
- Bachelor's degree in associated field
- DoD-8570 IAT III Certification
- ITIL Foundations Certification
- Excellent project, technical, interpersonal, presentation and problem management skills
- Ability to communicate orally, and in writing, detailed technical information on troubleshooting and implementation efforts
- Familiarization of NORAD/USNORTHCOM missions and DOD regulations and directives
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.