The National Solutions Operation is currently soliciting experienced Linguist Workflow Coordinators in various languages to support a DoD customer in the National Capital Region (NCR). Workflow Coordinators will work in a dynamic team environment and ensure the efficient flow of source media and documents through the screening and translation workflow process. Workflow Coordinators will be responsible for providing:
- Workflow of Products - Create, maintain, and track project entries currently in customer systems and other translation tools; import source materials, assign resources, and ensure the timely completion of all translations; maintain and incorporate all metadata associated with processed media and documents.
- Computer Assisted Translation (CAT) tools - Create packages and projects for translation memory and terminology management projects, developing and maintaining SOPs
- Customer Service - Workflow Coordinators will interact with customer personnel and contract management to report on the status of various projects and distribute completed gist's and translations.
- Depending on requirements Workflow Coordinators may also perform ad-hoc linguist duties to include triage, gisting, translation, quality control, data base use, and reporting.
- Workflow Coordinators may also be given the opportunity to participate in directed training to increase their mission related knowledge, understanding of various translation tools, and linguistic skill.
- Must currently possess a TS/SCI clearance. Candidate will be required to pass a polygraph and subject interview prior to starting on the project.
The primary responsibilities of the workflow coordinator are:
- Ensure the efficient flow of media through the exploitation process
- Create, maintain, and track batch and document entries through the translation tools
- Import, assign, and ensure completion of translation projects
- Maintain metadata associated with processed media and documents
- Receive, assign, and ensure completion of translation requests
- Report on the status of translation requests
- Disseminate gist's and translations
- Maintain customer DOMEX databases and tools This exciting position also has the potential to allow individuals, on a temporary basis, to work on specialized projects and/or deploy on worldwide assignments.
- Active TS/SCI clearance
- BA degree and/or 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters and/or 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience in linguist operations (i.e. translation, language analysis), and experience performing workflow management for Document and Media Exploitation projects.
- Willingness to perform occasional shift work to meet mission demands.
- Sufficient technical aptitude to gain a working knowledge on job-required tools and processes (On-the-job training may be provided as needed to address customer-specific needs, with ongoing evaluations throughout train-up period).
- Must have experience working in the translation industry and be familiar with translation industry standards for workflow and quality
- Achieve a minimum score of a 2 in respective foreign language and 3+ in English for Reading, Listening, Speaking, and Writing.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with linguist task assignments & workflows.
- Demonstrated history of working on screening or translation projects and in maintaining the integrity and meaning of the translated material.
- Ability to comprehend, write, and speak in English in a clear and concise manner and pronunciation
- Team player who is able to prioritize and effectively manage his/her own matrixed team and multiple competing priorities.
- Excellent time-management and multi-tasking
- Demonstrated ability to communicate in a professional manner (email, spoken, & reports).
- Ability to make sound decisions and handle stress, while meeting deadlines and performing in a high-paced environment.
- Possess a working proficiency in standard computer systems and office programs, with additional experience in media examination tools, project management tools, workflow tools, and CAT/HLT tools
• An advance degree in one of the following fields: Engineering, Computer Science, Chemistry, Physics, Legal, Medical, Banking and Financing, Foreign Military • Advanced familiarity with the Theater Exploitation Database (TED) system or the Deployable Harmony DOCEX Suite (DHDS)
• Past performance as a media examiner in support of DOD or IC customers.
• Familiarity with Document and Media Exploitation (DOMEX) processes and specialized tools (i.e. FTK, encase, or similar).
• Advanced knowledge of standard business applications, with particular emphasis on Acrobat, Oracle (queries & reports), SQL, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and SharePoint.
• Experience writing and/or using scripts written in Python, VBS
• Trados Certification for Translators (Level 1) or Project Managers
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.