Leidos is in need of a software developer that will work in very dynamic environment supporting and developing software for operational use. This position is located in Chantilly, VA and requires an active TS/SCI in order to be considered. The ideal software developer will have the capacity to work both the front-end and the back-end portions of an application and platform environment. The developer will work with the overall program team in the design and development of new applications as well as integrating new solutions on existing applications. The resource will be expected to analyze and solve complex application development problems, identify potential new tools/technologies, and adhere to design concepts and development standards across the entire software development lifecycle. A strong candidate will have commanding knowledge of software development principles and be energized by the capability to learn and implement new skills. The candidate will be able to develop, provide, and support software builds to include front-end and back-end system and sub-system components, O&M services, troubleshooting, system backups and restoral and software upgrades in support of the customers’ requirements
- Requires Bachelors (or equivalent experience) and 12+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10+ years of prior relevant experience.
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience to translate mission requirements to technical specs for solution scope, integrations, and enhancement impacts to scale development work and activities.
- Troubleshoot and problem solve both technical and non-technical issues.
- Analyze and study complex system requirements.
-Current/Active TS/SCI security clearance
-Ability to travel 25% to CA
- Demonstrated software engineering/development experience
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience developing within an Agile environment.
- Demonstrated experience identifying, recommending, and implementing continuous improvement approaches within teams, processes, or technology
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience with code delivery mechanisms
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience with Spring, Hibernate.
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience designing and building web services
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience using continuous build systems such as Jenkins, Git.
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience with code repositories, such as Subversion or Git.
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience with continuous delivery solutions, such as Jenkins, or Puppet.
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience with developing HTML views with CSS, and AngularJS controllers. Developing AngularJS services.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.