Reinvent yourself at Leidos! Uncover your potential by becoming a member of our team as our latest Program Manager working in San Diego, CA only 15 minutes from the Beach!! Help us support the DOD and other customers in the design, construction, and testing of electro-optical/infrared satellite systems which transform the payload solutions for the future. This is a highly dynamic and integrative environment in which talented and creative engineers can thrive as they interact with a diverse array of multidisciplinary engineers. We are seeking a highly motivated Program Manager skilled at project planning/management for system hardware-software-network development, development and integration, verification and validation, and fielding of space electro-optical payloads.
Fun stuff on the job:
- Manage applied research and advanced engineering in the development of new electro-optical/Infrared (EO/IR) sensors, components, and subassemblies
- Work with actual space hardware, including optics, focal planes, electronics, software, cryocoolers, and spacecraft data interfaces
- Evaluate alternatives including cost and risk, supportability and analyses for total systems
- Influence development of solutions that impact strategic goals by developing new solutions, processes, standards or operational plans that position Leidos competitively
- Lead or support management proposal teams
- Communicate with executive management and customers
Skills you must have to be successful in this role:
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering or science or BA with at least 12 years of prior relevant experience
- Must be able to obtain a Secret security clearance
- Specialized experience in optical payloads and knowledge of industry practices, advanced techniques and solutions within a professional discipline to develop new standards, processes, and solutions.
- The successful candidate should be a creative problem solver and demonstrate a broad ranging project management and team development experience encompassing: • Management of classified projects involving research and operational sensors • Cost, Schedule, and Risk management
- Experience working with cross functional teams developing space payloads
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
You will wow us even more if you have these skills:
- Ability to assist in generating schedules, cost estimates, and production plans for optical payloads
- Demonstrated technical leadership of small engineering teams
- Have or are willing to obtain a top secret clearance
External Referral Bonus
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.