The Government Health and Safety Operations currently has a need for a Enterprise Tools Operations Analyst to support a large healthcare contract in Baltimore.
- Contributes to the overall design, installation, maintenance, configuration, and integrity of leidos enterprise systems management systems monitoring tools and related software.
- Driving of actions to ensure the appropriate research, testing, deployment strategy, analysis, administration, support & problem resolution and maintenance of the environments and hardware/software technology components occur efficiently and that the toolsets provides leidos a competitive advantage.
- Utilize proven systems, scripting and developer skills to execute on highly complex tasks related to hardware/software technology component analysis, integration, and incident and problem resolution.
- Drive the setup of effective end-to-end system performance and reliability monitoring and provide data and alerts to help avoid issues or to troubleshoot outages should they occur; design, develop and integrate solutions that improve the client experience.
- Manage the day-to-day maintenance of monitoring systems, engineering solutions and their integration into broad environment
- Assist team meetings and ensuring workflow where required
- Mentoring team and peer group
- Drives opportunities for improvement both in the tools managed and the systems being monitored.
- Pushing technologies where appropriate to open source cloud solutions.
BS and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience. Experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Strong skills in systems management and experience with implementation (Design, Implementation, Configuration, and Management) of products such as IBM Tivoli Monitoring 6.3 and above, Nagios 4.6 and above and Extrahop 7.8 and above+
- Extensive knowledge of IBM Tivoli Workload Scheduler (TWS) – version 9.4 and above
- Extensive knowledge of BigFix 9.5 and above , BigFix Inventory 9.2 and above and BigFix Security 1.10 and above
- Ability to apply knowledge of tools to create solutions which are maintainable, follows enterprise patterns, and address new requirements.
- Drive and reviews efforts to research, design, plan and maintain new or existing hardware and software technology components.
- Ability to utilize advanced systems, scripting and developer skills to develop methodologies to implement, integrate, and maintain new and emerging enterprise-wide systems hardware/ software technology components.
- Provide leadership and technical guidance in project management, planning, task definition, estimating, reporting, scheduling, and workflow
- Direct, review and validate the work of more junior engineers serving as Subject Matter Expert for requirements within areas of responsibility
- Must have excellent organizational and written / verbal communication skills
- Scripting languages (Powershell, VBScript, etc.)
- Network concepts (Ports, Protocols, Addressing, Subnets, etc.)
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Business Systems Analysis
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.