The Leidos NISC III program is looking for a Business Process Analyst (BA) to join our team in Washington, DC to support the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA). The ideal candidate will be responsible for analyzing the business needs of clients and stakeholders to help identify business problems and propose solutions and performs a liaison function among stakeholders in order to elicit, analyze, communicate and validate requirements for changes to business processes and information systems. The candidate must be able to support multiple IT projects. The BA understands business problems and opportunities in the context of the requirements and recommends solutions that enable the organization to achieve its goals.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Information Systems or similar area and 4 - 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 - 6 years of prior relevant experience.
- Defines system scope, gathers high level business, functional and data requirements for new projects, enhancements to existing solutions and production issues reported by end users
- Interacts with the customers to know their requirements, cooperates with designers to convey the possible interface of the software, communicates with and guides the coders/developers to keep track of system development
- Communicates system requirements to system and software engineers using functional specifications, flow charts, concept diagrams, context diagrams and process diagrams; and regularly meets with the end users to review and validate the business and functional requirements and performs system testing with sample/live data with the help
- Formally documents business, functional and technical requirements and tracks any changes to them by producing and using System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) deliverable documents, including functional requirements specifications, requirements traceability matrices (RTMs), use cases, workflow diagrams and data flow diagrams
- Coordinates with FAA Help Desk to troubleshoot user issues
- Create mockups, wireframes, and prototypes that illustrate current and future workflows.
- Provide support to the testing team in creating the test cases, test scripts and during the user testing activities
- Provide support to training and ongoing support activities to end-users on new systems and processes
- Represent the customer during backlog grooming sessions and internal demos
- Participate in Sprint Planning, Sprint Reviews, Scrum Meetings and other agile activities
- Working knowledge and proficiency utilizing Microsoft Office applications to include: MS Word, MS Excel, MS Office and MS Power Point.
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Business Process
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.