This position will assist the ITEMS UFS Release and Deployment/Configuration Management team to facilitate the Configuration Management Media Library / Definitive Media Library (DML). This person will be required to understand classification guidelines and ensure they are being followed, they will need to document all transfers that occur. This person will be responsible for maintaining the software (COTS/FOSS/Licenses) in the DML. They will be responsible for ensuring process adherence and process improvement of the DML. They will work directly with CM Manager/Lead and program to ensure to reduce risk or accelerate delivery timelines; ensuring repeatable processes and current documentation. The ITEMS UFS program is an Information Service Provider (ISP) contract that delivers and maintains user facing (IT) devices, worldwide, including: workstations and desktop software (thick images and virtual desktops) across many teams and baselines; printers, plotters, telephones, conference room audio-visual equipment, personal IT devices, etc. and related configuration and maintenance documentation.
This hands-on role requires attention to detail, with very good organization skills and ability to pivot between highly visible customer priorities: a combination of inflexible and shifting deadlines.
This role joins a good-natured team who are motivated to take their teamwork and process maturity to the next level. This role provides excellent visibility of the hardware/software change management and must work across the program and interfacing organizations. This role provides opportunity to analyze cross-team requirements, workflows and tools, socialize trade-offs and build consensus, then drive improvements. Your ideas, suggestions and concerns will be welcomed.
- Provide organizational expertise in data management
- Perform software downloads
- Perform virus and security scans of all incoming media and data transfers
- Verify classification of all media and transfers
- Prepare outgoing media
- Prepare/submit DTO Logs
- Prepare/submit Media Library Logs
- Maintain removable media logs
- Maintain tool documentation and create CONOPS
- Assess workflows and environments, driving efficiencies and environment consolidations
- Help teams assess software CM controls and drive needed actions to improve posture and consistency
- Create metrics and drive efficiencies
- Drive problems to closure, engaging needed stakeholders to reach solutions
- Taking on one board as the facilitator
- Attention to detail
- Experience using transfer tools
- Strong communicator who shares information across stakeholders, including customer, program management and SMEs
- Understanding of classification guidelines
- How to process software deliveries CONUS and OCONUS
- How to process E-Deliveries
- How to maintain Software Licenses
Education & Experience:
- Requires Bachelors Degree and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters Degree with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Configuration Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.