The Leidos Innovation Center currently has an opening for an Engineering Intern to work in our San Diego office. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping with future space systems using advanced infrared sensors and data processing techniques to support a variety of DoD missions. The candidate will provide technical support to our engineering team in the design, development and testing of solutions for future space payloads.
- Support engineering staff in conducting technical analysis of infrared sensors and space systems
- Support the software development team with the development and testing of computer algorithms for processing data from the sensors
- Use existing analytical codes to develop test cases and evaluate systems.
- Work with experienced scientists to evaluate algorithms for data analysis and signal characterization
- Currently enrolled in a bachelor’s degree program in Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, Computer Engineering, or related field.
- Skills in aerospace engineering, scientific data analysis, algorithm development, and/or software implementation
- Experience with Vivado and Matlab desired. Additional experience with scientific programming a plus.
- Experience with MS Office products with proficiency in MS Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Must be eligible to obtain secret clearance- US Citizenship required
- Familiarity with astrodynamics and optical systems design
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Intern Technical
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.