The Intelligence and Homeland Security Group of Leidos is seeking an Expert Speech Writer/Editor to support the Chief Human Capital Office (CHCO) for an Intelligence Community (IC) program in Northern Virginia. An Active TS/SCI with polygraph security clearance is required in order to be considered for this position. The candidate will support Government staff in developing a broad range of written products in support of senior leadership and USG policymakers.
- Develop and execute a communications strategy to inform the IC workforce of IC CHCO programs, initiatives and activities.
- Provide expert guidance on IC CHCO capabilities and expectations.
- Understand the IC elements and provide recommendations on best approaches for reaching maximum recipients and obtaining maximum impact.
- Create, develop and write quality speeches and other communications for the IC CHCO office. Translate the ideas, objectives, and IC CHCO message as it relates to the topic, speaker, and intended audience into speeches, talking points, executive presentations, and other collateral material needed by the IC CHCO office. Work will include research, editing, proofreading, formatting, providing quality control, etc. Documentation work includes ensuring consistency in organization, style, and readability.
- 15 years’ experience in Strategic Communications Support.
- Active TS/SCI Clearance with Poly.
- Demonstrated ability with marketing major programs or initiatives throughout the IC or larger federal government agency.
- Demonstrated experience with handling and delegating competing priorities, the ability to assess the significance of current developments, and the capability to brief senior level personnel in a dynamically changing environment.
- Demonstrated ability for Senior executive writing and editing capability.
- Bachelor's or an advanced degree and applicable years of experience in communications or similar field
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Marketing Communications
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.