Leidos is looking for an Inventory Management specialist to join our team in supporting the ILC program which provides logistics, and engineering services to help ensure secure, reliable, and uninterrupted availability of parts and material for the US Navy’s AN/SQQ-89 Sonar system.
- Maintaining a correct inventory of material within the Warehouse Management System.
- Receiving, identifying material and record keeping functions associated with the receipt of materials
- Shipping, packing and record keeping functions associated with the shipment of materials both commercially and via the Government Transportation System.
- Load, unload, and move to stowage, freight and piece parts, both manually or with equipment such as forklifts and pallet jacks
- Breakdown of major equipment to smaller units via the use of hand tools or power tools as required
- High School diploma or equivalent and less than 1 year of experience
- Secret Clearance or ability to obtain a secret Clearance
- Understanding of US Navy supply system
- Working knowledge of computers, printers, laptops, and common Windows applications.
- Working knowledge of common hand tools and power tools.
- Ability to manually lift packages up to 50 lbs
- Ability to work 8 hour shifts in support of 24/7 operations.
- Forklift operator
- Knowledge HAZMAT shipping/storage
- Past experience as a US Navy Sonar Technician (STG) or Logistics Specialist (LS)
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Ship and Receiving
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.