The Security and Transportation Technology Division is seeking a Field Service Manager responsible for the direct management of approximately 25 Field Service Engineers (FSE) supporting the maintenance of our VACIS, Reveal, and Radiation Detection products deployed throughout the United States. The candidate will support the FSEs to achieve our contract service level requirements for our critical national security customers TSA and US Customs and Border Protection (CBP). This position will report directly to the Director, Client Services.
MUST BE ABLE TO PASS A TRANSPORTATION SECURITY ADMINISTRATION (TSA) BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Direct management of assigned Field Service Engineer resources to meet contractual service level goals and commitments across customers and product lines.
- Manage and ensure technical training requirements for FSEs based on assigned product mix and resource location.
- Manage timely completion of open work orders to minimize equipment downtime.
- Maintain staffing levels to meet maintenance service level goals and commitments.
- Attendance at customer meetings / frequent customer communication related to equipment performance.
- Bachelor's degree in a related engineering or management discipline with 4+ years of professional experience; or 2+ years of professional experience with a related Master's degree. High School diploma with an additional 4 years experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Ability to pass TSA suitability background check.
- Proven experience successfully managing field or technical staff.
- Strong oral and written communication skills (second language a plus).
- Ability to work independently and contribute successfully within a team structure.
- Skilled at prioritization and multi-tasking.
- Self-direction, flexibility, and an eagerness to learn.
- Ability to learn and understand highly technical products quickly.
- Technical familiarization with VACIS and Reveal technology is beneficial to immediate productivity.
- Proven Program / Project Management experience managing tasks within schedule and budget.
- Experience with technical documentation and manuals
- Proven experience working with subject matter experts / collaboration across organization as needed to solve difficult problems.
- Experience as a Field Service Engineer or Technician in Security Products or related equipment.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Other Clearance
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Field Operations
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.