The Defense Group at Leidos is seeking a Telecommunications Specialist to provide troubleshooting, installation and support for the Warfighter Information Network-Tactical Increment 1 (WIN-T Inc. 1). The WIN-T Inc. 1 is a communications network that provides the Army Warfighter with voice, data and video capabilities for use in a tactical environment, utilizing primarily commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) equipment. The system includes the following equipment: Unit Hub Node, Regional Hub Node, Single Shelter Switch (SSS), Joint Network Nodes (JNN), Battalion Command Post Nodes (BnCPN), Network Operations (NetOps), JNN and BnCPN Satellite Transportable Terminals (STTs), and Master Reference Terminals (MRTs).
New Equipment and Field Operations Support:
- Specific equipment and support includes routers, gateways, Cisco ASA Firewalls, Linux and Windows Operating Systems, and knowledge of Virtual Infrastructure.
- Routing: Set-up, Troubleshoot and understand OSFP, DMVPN and Multicast
- Satellite Communications: Set-up, troubleshoot and understand NCC Operations, Linkway, Raydyne, FDMA and NCW modem operations.
- Knowledge of troubleshooting and resolving LAN/WAN network related problems.
- Provide technical expertise for performance and configuration of networks.
- Circuit breaker corrective maintenance.
- Read technical diagrams and blueprints.
- Perform general electrical maintenance.
- Coordinate with Government customers to prepare and maintain TPF and NET plans for current and future systems.
- Create customized training plans based on current systems, new system upgrades, and mission-specific requirements.
- Provide delivery of instruction through both field and classroom training/operation.
- When required, work shall be done at night and in inclement weather.
- When applicable, coordinate classroom set-up to support each individual class.
- Provide modernization instruction on the operations and maintenance of supported systems, standard and non-standard systems and equipment.
- Serve as primary fielders, installers, instructors, assistant instructors, and/or demonstrators.
- Participate in formal training and self-instruction / use on complimentary systems and protocols to increase the breadth of systems competency for training and fielding requirements.
- Continue education through self-study and other methods to maintain instructor certification status, as applicable.
- Trainers shall attend instructor qualification training or other specialized training conducted at various CONUS or OCONUS locations.
- Bachelors Degre and 4 years of experience. Minimum of 4 years related experience may be considered in lieu of Bachelor’s Degree.
- Active DoD Secret Security clearance
- Specific experience required includes routers, gateways, Cisco ASA Firewalls, Linux and Windows Operating Systems, and knowledge of Virtual Infrastructure.
- Knowledge of Switching / Routing
- Knowledge of Communications Security
- Knowledge of Satellite Communications
- Ability to travel up to 50%
- Certified Technical Trainer (CTT+)
- Other computer certifications i.e. A+, Network plus, Server+, CCNA etc.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 50% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Field Operations
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.