Leidos is seeking candidates for a Geospatial Software Specialist/Engineer to support our Springfield, VA customer.
An ACTIVE TS/SCI level security clearance is REQUIRED to be considered, along with Security+ certification and computing environment credentials.
As a Geospatial software engineer, you will apply knowledge of ArcGIS while performing a range of geospatial analysis for operational and intelligence customers.
The successful candidate will work as a member of a government-contractor team providing geospatial analysis and research in support of countering and deterring weapons of mass destruction and improvised threats networks in accordance with mission requirements.
The candidate should have a strong geospatial background and the ability to independently conduct research and initiate projects as they deem appropriate.
Maintain multiple GIS databases (ORACLE, SQL Server, and FGDBs) and provide improved situational awareness capabilities using ArcGIS Portal.
Performs geospatial data analysis and creation of various maps and other visualizations for incorporation into reports and or presentations to respond to taskings and RFIs from a variety of parties.
- Define enterprise hardware and software specifications
- Oversee system sustainability and software efficiencies
- Troubleshoot desktop and EGIS software outages and provide timely solution
- Create interagency collaboration relationships and promote resulting data use agreements
- Determine access and authentication levels to EGIS both inside and outside of the agency
- Make GIS staffing recommendations
- Manage all GIS requests for mapping and application products.
- Provide assistance and subject matter expertise to all Agency divisions and remote offices.
- Develop and deploy web-based and static mapping products
- Develop automated and sustainable complex workflows in response of the DTRA mission
- Maintain multiple GIS databases (ORACLE, SQL Server, and FGDBs)
- Create, update and improve ArcGIS Portal situational awareness briefings
- Provide GIS demonstrations to high-level military and government leaders both inside and outside of agency.
- Serve in a liaison role to partner agencies.
- Serve as lead Agency Central Support (ACS) for the Enterprise License Agreement (ELA) with Environmental Systems Research Institute (Esri).
Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant discipline required (for example, computer science, engineering, or Geographic Information System );
Understanding of GIS interoperability with Oracle.
At least 8 to 10 years of demonstrated experience using GIS and database software, which may include, but is not limited to ESRI, Google Earth, ARC GIS.
Must possess current TS clearance with SCI eligibility.
DoD 8570.1 Certified
At least five years of prior experience supporting a command or national intelligence office/agency is preferred.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.