Airborne Solutions at Leidos currently has an opportunity for a Flight Operations Manager to work at our Manassas Regional Airport, Manassas, VA office. The selected candidate will direct and coordinate Flight Operations for a state of the art Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) platform undergoing test and development activities. The selected candidate will coordinate multifaceted efforts between Mission Payload Engineers, Fixed Wing Maintenance, Test Engineers and Leidos Program Management, consolidating and preparing daily, weekly and findings reports. The Flight Operations Manager will interact daily with senior level management on the short and long term planning and execution of program directed aviation efforts.
- Work across a diverse team of professionals to ensure daily flight operations success
- Provide support and guidance to site Integrated Product Teams (IPT) in the execution of daily activities
- Coordinate flight crew schedules with Pilots, Aerial Sensor Operators and Maintenance personnel.
- Coordinate site scheduled activities amongst flight crews, subcontractors, and government personnel to ensure achievable operational plan
- Ensure compliance with Defense Contract Management Agency (DCMA) INST 8210.1, flight and ground operations policies and procedures
- Prepare, verify and submit Government Flight Representative required documentation
- Orchestrate and manage execution of flight and ground activities scheduling
- Coordinate and oversee execution of simultaneous maintenance actions
- Provide daily feedback to Program Management on daily activities
- BA degree and 8+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6+ years of prior relevant experience. Additional experience may be used in lieu of degree.
- Capable of working autonomously with little or no supervision
- Experience with DCMA policies and procedures
- Depth of knowledge in DCMA 8210 or Military Aviation Regulations and Publications
- Knowledge in leading and coordinating the execution of aviation processes, projects and tactical employment
- 10% travel to CONUS customer and company locations required
- Current DOD Secret Clearance
- Ability to work nights and weekends as required for Flight Operations
- Experience with MS Project, Office, PowerPoint
- Knowledge and experience with FAA Part 145 guidelines
- Knowledge and experience with ISR operations
- Knowledge and experience with Mission Equipment Payloads
- Superior Administrative and Communication Skills
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.