Leidos Corporate Group is looking for a Systems Engineering Director to join our CIO Systems Engineering Team.
Our CIO Systems Engineering team provides full systems engineering lifecycle services for internal IT solutions including solution planning, requirements definition, solution design, development/engineering, integration, deployment, and support and plays a critical role in delivering the digital transformation strategy for the enterprise. The Systems Engineering Team supports a portfolio of IT and cybersecurity solutions including custom developed systems, cloud-based solutions, network and data center infrastructure, and off-the shelf applications that support the global operations of Leidos.
In this role, you will be responsible for systems engineering process, definition, and improvement consistent with Leidos systems engineering best practices. You will manage a talented team of systems engineers with diverse technical skills and executes enterprise level systems engineering as the senior practitioner in this area. In addition, you will be responsible for the planning, direction, coordination, and control necessary to deliver all systems engineering services to internal IT project and service delivery teams. A successful candidate will excel at recognizing and remediating issues, anticipating and removing roadblocks, and identifying and mitigating risk.
This position can be supported from any Leidos location including Reston - VA, Gaithersburg - MD, Orlando - FL, or King of Prussia - PA.
- Responsible for the successful delivery of systems engineering services, which includes leading the System Engineering Team, defining and improving the systems engineering process, as well as overseeing the delivery of systems engineering services
- Develop system blueprints and identify problem-based solutions that produce the desired outcomes
- Develop and constantly re-evaluate solutions throughout its development
- Employ an interdisciplinary approach to ensure technical needs are translated into step-by-step processes
- Collaborate with project team to facilitate the deployment of a successful system
- Focus on the full system lifecycle, from design and development to validation and operation, onto quantitative risk assessment, while focusing on performance, testing, schedule, and costs
- Drive technical excellence for meeting technical standards and processes
- Govern systems engineering decisions
- Provide technical leadership and engineering expertise to influence the technical direction for projects, engineering studies, technical evaluations, and other engineering efforts
- Identify and resolve technical issues in support of IT service delivery
- Develop, mentor, and grow a virtual engineering team
- Measure organization performance and implement improvements
- Bachelor's degree in Systems Engineering or related field coupled with 12+ years of relevant systems engineering experience
- 3+ years of relevant engineering management experience including hiring, terminating, promoting, and rewarding in accordance with organizational guidelines
- Experience developing complex, integrated IT systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working in a fast paced, occasionally stressful, and dynamic multi-disciplinary environment
- Demonstrated collaboration and interpersonal skills to build effective relationships with team members, internal partners, and external delivery customers
- Must be able and willing to commute to Reston - VA on a daily basis
- Experience working in rapidly-changing environments and quickly adapting to changing priorities
- Demonstrated digital transformation success
- Demonstrated cloud migration success
- Experience leading SecDevOps transformation
- Experience adopting agile practices
- INCOSE certification
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.