The Defense group at Leidos has an opportunity for a Systems Administrator work at Herndon VA.
The Systems Administrator will handle account management, Hardware and Software technical support, troubleshooting, and ensuring the overall health of the network supported in a Windows based environment. Provides technical support and documentation from change request concept and design through development and integration for deployment in large complex IT systems. Network monitoring tools and application (SCOM), .
- Experience working with managing Distributed Common DTRA Systems
- Familiarity with virtualization, particularly VMware/ESXi
- Data and application backups, Information Systems disaster recovery efforts, and Information Systems vulnerability scanning and mitigation.
- Technical documentation (Standard Operating Procedures).
- Provide hardware and software installation, configuration, and testing.
- Research and update client management team on technologies and strategies to achieve the highest level of network efficiency.
- Aid engineering staff with Hardware, software, and project specific system support.
- Provide input, response, and completion when applicable to Information Systems data-call audits.
- Provide updates and input on any agency overall to Information Systems efforts.
- Implement DoD mandated security configurations
- Installing and maintaining security patches on servers
- Create, maintain, and implement detailed documentation for standard systems operating procedures to be used across the enterprise
- Analyze available hardware and software from outside vendors and make recommendation for purchase and installation of cost effective solutions
- Review work performed by lower level technical staff
- Work closely with client Property Accountability Officer for logistics management and input as well as the DoD Information System Security Officer.
- Attend onsite/offsite meetings to include teleconferences (travel may be required)
- Support Information System Security Manager as the Information Security Officer, maintain stand-alone, classified, information system administration
- Requires BS degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.Experience with Remote Desktop Services
- Experience with Powershell scripting and experience in other languages like Python.
- Experience with application of security settings and other commercial best practices such as DISA STIGS.
- Experience with Security Content Automation Protocol (SCAP)
- Experience with Group Policy Management (GPO) and applying Local Security Policies
- Experience with Windows Task Scheduler
- Experience Managing Active Directory
- Experience with System (hardware) and application (software) installation and configuration.
- Application of security settings and other commercial best practices such as DISA STIGS.
- Experience with configuration, troubleshooting and maintaining VMWare environments.
- Currently possess an active Secret security clearance and the ability to acquire a Top Secret security clearance is required for this position.
- Currently possess DoD 8750 certification at least IAT level II, e.g. Security+ CE.
- Microsoft Server experience (2008R2,2012 & 2016)
- Microsoft Windows Active Directory Management
- Domain Name Server Administration
- Network Monitoring tools (Manage Engine, Software Center Configuration Manager
- Candidates with a thorough knowledge of networking principles to included TCP/IP a plus
- Experience with a ticketing system such as Remedy
- Experience working with virtual environments
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.