Have you ever wondered what it would be like to work with one of the BEST in government contracting? Ranked by Forbes in 2018 as a Top 100 government contractor and one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies, Team Leidos is one you don’t want to overlook.
Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. We embrace and solve some of the world's toughest challenges. We’re focused on ensuring our intelligence customers have the right tools, technologies, and tactics to keep pace with an ever-evolving threat landscape and succeed in their mission to protect people and critical assets around the world. Who wouldn’t be fulfilled being part of that every day? We know once you join Team Leidos, you are sure to go home at the end of every day knowing YOU MADE A DIFFERENCE, resulting in one of the most REWARDING careers you could have imagined. WE WANT YOU!!
We are seeking qualified candidates for the position Deputy IEC Service Manager to support a contract for a government customer with facilities in Springfield, VA and St. Louis, MO. The Primary role of the Deputy IEC Service Manager is to manage the IEC software team and ensure their practices align with ITEMS UFS enterprise processes. Additional responsibilities include ensure the team captures all work in the UFS SAS system of record. Secondary responsibilities include aiding in the design, development, documentation and implement software automation tools, modules, and products in support of the ISP objectives. Supports and/or installs software applications in large scale deployments. Consults on investigation and resolution of discrepancy reports. Provide technical input for complex support issues. Act as a technical liaison between internal teams. Provide assistance to engineers and support staff globally. Define or enforce programming practices and standards. Generates test software and conducts unit level test cases. Supports design reviews and other reviews and control gates as necessary. Work with large globally distributed datasets, ascertaining metrics and meaning.
- Run the day to day activities of the IEC Software Team
- Capture all work in accordance with ITEMS UFS SAS policies
- Responsible for all software deliveries to all NGA sites
- Strong working knowledge of Systems Administration of Widows based platforms including server and workstation operating systems
- Aptitude to work with SQL and NoSQL databases
- Aptitude to troubleshoot software related issues in a fast paced operational setting
- Basic working knowledge of Software Version Control systems
- Passion for problem solving in time sensitive situations
- A plus would be experience with System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM)
- A plus would be experience with Python
- Self motivated, self-directing, and aggressively communicative
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Technology, or related field and at least 8-10 years relevant work experience
- Active TS/SCI level security clearance is required
- Experience running production infrastructure for high availability
- Proven time management skills are required
- A background in sound software engineering practices is required
- Knowledge of IT security concepts and practices is required
- Strong written/verbal communications skills are required
- Current IA Certification: Security + preferred. Cert must be obtained within 6 months of hire
- IEC Experience
- Knowledge of software packaging technologies – Windows Installer, Wise, AdminStudio, or similar packaging technologies is desired
- Experience with customer/DOD programs and facilities are a plus
"External Referral Eligible"
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.