Leidos seeks an experienced Java software developer to join our award-winning team. The candidate to fill this position will work on a project alongside talented, experienced professionals to develop, support and maintain a critical software application for a key customer.
This position requires experience with Java software development, strong communication and business skills and would ideally have some familiarity with the healthcare industry and health IT. The candidate will be responsible for working with a diverse set of stakeholders to review and analyze requirements, build and test new software features and functionality, and investigate, troubleshoot and resolve software defects. This position also provides support of our various in-house, and customer-owned, environments which include development, test, integration and production environments.
The software developer should also be able to:
- Work collaboratively with a diverse group of stakeholders
- Read and comprehend software requirements
- Develop, test and deploy software features and resolved defects
- Assist in troubleshooting software application and configuration issues
- Assist with application deployments which include installation, configuration and testing
- Produce technical documentation for new and existing features and application configurations
- Troubleshoot and resolve application issues to meet changing user and system requirements
BS degree and 2 – 4 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience
- Proven experience with Java development: Java 1.8+, JEE, JSP, Servlets, Struts 2, JDBC, Apache Commons Libraries, Selenium
- Demonstrated skills and experience with SQL, MS SQL Server, Oracle Weblogic, Apache Tomcat, JBoss, IIS, and Subversion.
- Proven experience on building and deploying apps to Weblogic, Tomcat, web/app server.
- Experience working in Agile/Scrum team environment.
Desired (Not Required) Qualifications
- Familiarity with health IT concepts, terminology and standards (e.g. HL7 CDA, FHIR, etc.)
- Familiarity with tools: SmartBear QAComplete, Collaborator, TestComplete and Microsoft SharePoint
- Familiarity with Linux, Jenkins, Microservices, OpenShift, Docker, Kubernetes, DevOps, Continuous Integration, and Continuous Deployment (CI/CD)
- Experience with Orion Rhapsody Integration Engine, electronic messaging, health information exchanges
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.