The Leidos Defense and Intelligence Group currently has an opening for a Service Delivery Manager to work in our Springfield, Virginia office. This is an exciting opportunity to use your management skills helping the Information Technology Enterprise Managed Services (ITEMS) User Facing Services (UFS) mission at the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA). In this mission, we provide NGA with a bridge to the future, strengthening critical ISP services to mission users, harnessing the capacity of current and emerging Intelligence Community Information Technology Enterprise (IC ITE) services, and delivering the Power of GEOINT into the hands of users supporting critical time-sensitive missions. Our team operates and sustains UFS for NGA, provide continuous improvement in the effectiveness and efficiency of UFS, implement special orders to rapidly support mission needs without disrupting daily operations and posture NGA to transition to future IC DTE service offerings.
The UFS Hardware Engineering Service Delivery Manager is responsible for delivering IT services to NGA while following agency standards and Leidos processes throughout the system integration cycle of: vendor coordination, bailment evaluations, trade study analyses, and the integration of any new products added to the UFS hardware catalog. The hardware team identifies, evaluates, and recommends candidate COTS products for sustaining a viable hardware baseline comprised of monitors, graphics cards, workstations, printers, and accessories including 3D stereoscopic display devices, KVM switches, and video signal adapters. The Service Delivery Manager will identify service vendors, establish services and manage vendor performance. They will manage and provide visibility on the maintenance of UFS hardware availability, reliability, and maintainability. They will also collaborate with other service providers and ensure that project success metrics are met.
Oversee staff members, facilitate meetings, and ensure that the team meets the required SLAs, while also satisfying the customer’s requirements. As team leaders, Service Delivery Managers use strong communication skills to motivate and encourage workers and use strong interpersonal skills to build customer relationships.
- Supervises staff through continual communication and performance management; reacts to personnel performance issues and manage conflicts.
- Develops and implements work force plans and executes recruitment strategies to fill staffing needs.
- Creates a customer-focused environment.
- Communicates and works directly with other service providers including senior management.
- Works with customer key points of contact to improve information workflow.
- Monitors and manages all facets of the hardware services department.
- Engages internal and external resources to provide proactive maintenance, as well as ongoing maintenance to ensure Service Level Agreements are met.
- Demonstrated ability of strong customer relationship skills, problem resolution and improved efficiencies and productivity.
- Managing finances and budgets.
- Determining ways to reduce costs without sacrificing customer satisfaction.
- Assessing customer feedback and using your creativity to establish, improve, and refine services.
- Must have a current TS/SCI
- Bachelors Degree and 12 – 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters Degree with 10 – 13 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Integration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.