Leidos is seeking a User Trainer / Senior User Support Specialist in Washington DC that will report to the Department Manager and support the U.S. Government. This is an exciting opportunity to use existing experience and skills to support a user community of 2,000+ users. In this mission we develop training courses and train users on client support litigation software. We cover which applications to use for a given task, how to use the applications, discuss workflows when using the applications, provide technical guidance about data being used in the applications, and coordinate with other support teams to provide seamless case support. We also provide some general support of VM and hardware ranging from the creation of user accounts to troubleshooting desktop issues while using select applications.
- Assists in setting up and operating end user support program for major applications in support of specific projects/cases.
- Sets up overall user training programs, particularly for litigation support and office automation applications.
- Develops training course outlines and agendas.
- Establishes training facilities and schedules.
- Organizes, prepares, schedules and conducts training sessions.
- Training will most often be user-level training for specific databases or specific litigation support applications.
- Audience may include attorneys, paralegals, Government Case Managers, client agency staff, and/or other Contractor employees.
- Prepares training approach and materials, or follows existing materials.
- Arranges for use of training facilities, for access to appropriate applications.
- Performs help desk functions - answering and responding to user phone calls, troubleshooting litigation support packages on user desktops/laptops and coordinating support with office automation support contractors and staff.
- Creates trouble tickets using a Ticket management system.
- Responds to emails from the user community
The ideal candidate will have…
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 3 years of professional experience; or 1 year of professional experience with a related Master’s degree. Considered experienced, but still a learner.
- At least two years of experience involving teaching/training users in computer applications, preferably database, imaging, or other automated litigation support applications will generally be expected.
- At least one year must be experience with the specific applications being supported.
- Must have hands-on familiarity with the network, telecommunications, and operating systems environment of the applications being supported.
- Should be an expert user of the Government's word processing, spreadsheet, and email systems.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills required.
- Must be able to work onsite in Washington, D.C.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- The ability to obtain a U.S. Government security clearance (active clearance preferred)
- No travel required
- Experience Working in a Government / Legal environment.
- Experience with DOJ office automation environments extremely helpful.
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong customer/collaboration skills
- Current or active clearance.
- Undergraduate degree strongly preferred.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Technical Trainer
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.