Leidos has an opening for a Project Manager in Houston, Texas. The purpose/function of this position is to provide project management and oversight to technical teams to support flight hardware development in support of NASA JSC Programs, such as International Space Station, Orion, Gateway, xEMU. This position will provide project leadership and oversight to technical teams to support to the flight hardware development in support of the Crew and Thermal Systems Division for Orion and International Space Station Programs. This position will interface with customers and other NASA contractors. This position is a junior project management position. The position will work with a Project Manager to lead projects through the design life cycle including requirements development and verification, hardware design, development and testing; project reviews, safety review support, product reviews and approvals.
Typical job function will include defining and maintaining project schedules, project planning, leading reviews, statusing functions to both contractor management and the NASA customer. This position will be required to perform integration of the majority of engineering disciplines on a weekly basis. The position will grow the ability to allocate tasking, status technical, budget, schedule and risks, present findings, reports and status routinely.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for compliance with Safety, Health, and Environmental plan; must be committed to a high standard of safety and be willing and able to comply with all safety laws and the Company's safety policies/rules. Must be willing to report safety violations and potential safety violations to appropriate supervisory or management personnel.
• Responsible for compliance with the Quality Assurance plan, policies and procedures
• Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance level as determined by the Company
• Responsible for completing all assigned training
• Responsible for leading a technical team to accomplish tasks, meet goals, and deliver products on time, within budget and with Quality oversight
• Reviewing requirements and assessing design against requirements
• Identification of project risks and mitigation strategies
• Ability to identify tasks, organize them and make assignments to resources with due dates
• Ability to work within a team environment
• Ability to understand and execute process and procedures
• Well-developed skills in both written and verbal communication
• Responsible for reviewing of requirements and verifications,
• Provide oral and written status to both contractor management and the NASA customer.
• Interface with NASA at Program Level
• Provide leadership to the majority of engineering disciplines on a weekly basis.
• Ability to allocate tasking, status technical, budget, schedule and risks.
• Participate in ISO/CMMI/AS9100 Audits
Required Education and Experience::
• A BS degree in Engineering or in a related field and a minimum of 4 years’ experience.
• Ability to develop and manage a project schedule;
• Cost management and reporting experience;
• Experience in project planning;
• Capable of identifying risks and issues, reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options for mitigation and implement solutions;
• Experience in procurement of parts;
• Excellent written and oral communication skill including presenting information to customers;
• Ability to perform configuration management, and document processes.
• Ability to read engineering drawings
• Ability to attain and maintain respect and confidence of the customer and contract personnel. A close, cooperative customer interface is essential.
• Mature, professional judgment in establishing objectives, milestones and priorities.
• Ability to translate concepts across multiple disciplines
• Experience with Flight Hardware Development processes as outlined in EA-023
• Familiarity with NASA or DoD Work Instructions; Experience with NASA systems, such as MIDAS, CDS, QARC, EDMS
• Previous experience with Human Systems Engineering such as human factors and designing for the product end-user
• Experience with technical management of subcontracts, initiation to completion, ELABEL)
• Leadership experience
Must be able to obtain a Public Trust clearance. Due to contract requirements, U.S. Citizenship or U.S. Permanent Residence is required.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.