The NISC III program within the Civil group at Leidos has a need for a Senior Software Engineer for the IT Team.
This team is looking for an energetic team member to help develop solutions to meet expanding customer needs.
The NISC III IT team has successfully brought several legacy applications to FAA Cloud Services (FCS), which is based on Amazon Web Services (AWS).
In this role you will need to have an eye for perfection in order to properly direct the new features and revisions of programs designed to increase operating efficiency.
The team is based near the L’Enfant Metro station in Washington, DC.
- Refactoring/redesigning of legacy applications (typically in ColdFusion) and developing of new applications for use in FAA Cloud Services (FCS).
- Developing Dashboards and Reports to meet Business Intelligence needs.
- Project Managing of smaller development projects, including managing expectations, estimating timeframes, and identifying/mitigating project risks.
- Providing consultation and suggesting best approaches for development of new applications. Supporting ad hoc helpdesk requests.
- Participate in weekly team meetings.
TYPICAL EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Normally requires BS degree and 12 – 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 – 13 years of prior relevant experience.
- Additional years of related work experience can be used to off-set the degree at the hiring manager's discretion.
- Must have demonstrable personal accomplishments and experience with using open source tools and projects.
- Must be able to both work well as part of a team and independently.
- Working knowledge and proficiency utilizing Microsoft Office applications to include: MS Word, MS Excel, MS Office and MS Power Point
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance.
- Experience programming in Cold Fusion, Java Script, and PHP programming languages.
- Experience deploying to and testing within AWS.
- Able to develop automated test tools is a bonus.
- Experience understanding customer data needs and developing analytics that helps the customer better understand their data.
- Experience developing applications for Android phones or Apple iOS.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.