Come support the agency’s HPC development efforts developing tools for HPC Metrics and Analytics capability, and provide HPC and HPDA customer an end-to-end processing platform that allows end-users the ability to query, visualize, and analyze HPC metric/event data at various levels (system, application, dataflow, mission) based on a wide range of data sources, and formats from a centralized aggregation point in a scalable and secure multi-tenant manner.
- Develop and maintain a wide variety of open source key/value and relational database solutions
- Utilize Eclipse, Maven, Git, IntelliJ, Jenkins, and Junit
- Maintain and integrate new capability features for workflow/processing component technologies
- Utilize Web Development Stack and JS based frameworks
- Plan, develop, organize, write, and edit operational procedures, diagrams, and manuals using Atlassian product suite
- Research, develop, and document technical design specifications for wide-range of supported FOSS software stack
- Maintain a comprehensive library of technical terminology and documentation
- Analyze documents to maintain continuity of content style/format
Task Required Skills:
- Software development experience with applicable Java knowledge
- Experience developing software in a Unix environment
- Demonstrated experience with Java multi-process coordination
- Demonstrated experience with Java multi-threading and concurrency
- Experience with Eclipse, Maven, Git, JUnit
- Experience with scripting (Shell/Bash, NodeJS)
- Understanding of software unit and integration testing, bug reporting and tracking, documentation, and production software support and maintenance
- Comprehension of software engineering fundamentals, object oriented programming, relational databases, scripting knowledge and an advanced level of development operations skill set
- Experience with data parsing/transforming technologies, to include JSON, XML, and CSV formats
Master's degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university, plus 10 years of experience as a SWE, in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university, plus 12 years of experience as a SWE, in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity
Nine (9) years of experience as a SWE, in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity.
Security Clearance Requirement
Must have an active TS/SCI with a polygraph in order to be considered for this position.
- Strong understanding of Cloud and HPC architecture environment to include terminology, practices, and configurations
- Understanding of AGILE software development methodologies and use of standard software development tool suites
- Experience with Unix system administration (RHEL/CentOS) experience including software integration, service management, configuration management, and routine sustainment operations related to provisioning, storage, and networking
- Experience with FOSS monitoring and metrics tool suites (i.e. Ganglia, Graphite, OpenTSDB, InfluxDB, Prometheus)
- Experience with Key/Value and Time-series repositories
- Experience with analytical algorithm design/data science
- Experience with Apache Storm, Apache HDFS/YARN, Apache Spark, Apache HBASE, Apache Ignite, Python, JIRA, Confluence, Nagios, Logstash, Kibana, Splunk, Grafana, OpenTSDB, InfluxDB, Prometheus, and relational database knowledge (PostgreSQL, MySQL)
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.