The NISC III program within the Leidos Civil group is seeking an Environmental Occupational Health and Safety (EOSH) Professional with Job Hazard Analysis expertise to join the National Airspace System Integration Support Contract (NISC III) team at the customer’s Oklahoma City, OK office, at the Mike Monroney Aeronautical Center.
In this role, you will be supporting the Federal Aviation Administration's (FAA) Environmental Occupational Safety and Health (EOSH) Programs with the goal of mitigating organizational risks and assisting the FAA achieve an improved state of compliance with Occupational Safety and Health and Environmental Federal, State, and Local law(s).
The focus of the position will be providing support to the FAA’s Job Hazard Analysis Program and you will be responsible for the creation, monitoring, tracking, interpreting, and presentation of various reports and data to all levels of FAA and NISC management.
Responsibilities for the position include the following:
- Project management and planning.
- Work place evaluations.
- Hazard identification and mitigation solutions.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) selection.
- Normally requires BS and 2 – 4 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 or less years of prior relevant experience.
- Additional years of experience may be substituted for the lack of a degree at the hiring manager's discretion.
- Ability to classify and summarize EOSH data for the preparation and submission of reports on a recurring basis
- Ability to evaluate work sites and equipment for hazards and provide mitigation recommendations, including personal protective equipment.
- Extensive knowledge of OSHA General Industry and Construction standards.
- Solid analytical, planning and program assessment skills in the Environmental Occupational Health and Safety field.
- Solid oral and written communication skills.
- Thorough knowledge of OSHA, ANSI, EPA, and DOT regulations, practices, and/or protocols.
- Ability to create, interpret and present various EOSH related reports.
- Ability to travel from 40% up to 65% of the time with possible weekends.
- Ability to work at heights and to safely lift 75 lbs.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance.
- Prior DOT and/or FAA experience is desired.
- Prior OSHA experience is desired.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 75% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Environmental Health And Safety
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.