Candidate is primarily responsible for the planning, development, and delivery of Defense Property Accountability System (DPAS) program training. Proficiencies include excellent written and spoken communication, exceptional audience and time management, as well as comprehensive data and technical analysis. In order to be successful, the candidate will possess strong interpersonal and customer service skills, an attention to detail, proactive problem-solving abilities, and an aptitude for both independent focus and team collaboration.
List daily duties and/or specific job responsibilities.
• Training DoD personnel on the use of the Defense Property Accountability System
• Prepare for and conduct technical training in a variety of settings to include: traditional classroom presentation, hands-on instruction, train-the-trainer, and/or webinar
• Consistently assess training needs and certification requirements both in-house and for customer base
• Continuously enhance technical instructional delivery and presentation skills accounting for all types of learning and learners
• Ensure the quality and consistency of course content throughout the course life cycle: development, initial testing, delivery, final assessment, and follow-up
• Create and administer tests and/or knowledge assessments to ensure understanding of training content
• Work independently to achieve day-to-day objectives with significant impact on operational results or project deliverables
• Develop technical solutions that require collaboration with the training department and/or other internal program experts
• Periodically take responsibility for entire projects or processes within a technical area
• Complete assigned tasks by a deadline and with minimal supervision
• Mentor and/or coach the work of new or lower-level technical trainers
• Approach learning and learners without bias
• Travel a minimum of 50% over the course of a calendar year
Must have a BS degree and 2-4+ years of relevant experience. Four years of comparable work experience can be substituted for degree.
• Must be proficient in all Microsoft Office Suite products
• Must have or be able to obtain and maintain a Secret Clearance
• Prior knowledge of Department of Defense (DoD) agencies, specifically the United States Army warehouse and supply processes
• Prior knowledge of Department of Defense (DoD) property accountability, accounting standards, financial reporting, fleet management, and/or warehouse operations
• Prior knowledge of the application development lifecycle
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 50% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Technical Trainer
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.