The Defense Group of Leidos has a career opportunity for a Database Administrator, with specific subject matter expertise with hands-on experience supporting PostgreSQL and MySQL databases to support a critical modernization effort for Advanced Field Artillery Tactical Data System (AFATDS). This position is multi-faceted, managing production database administration for MySQL, as well as development support for PostgreSQL databases.
The AFATDS is a multi-service, automated command, coordination, communication, and computing system that provides automated fire support and coordination to all echelons, from firing unit through theater level, at Army, Marine Corps, Naval Firing Platforms, Navy Command and Amphibious Assault Ships, Air Force Operations Centers, and Joint Command and Control Centers. AFATDS enables the automatic application of the Force Commander’s guidance in the Fires Warfighting Function to plan, execute, and deliver effects at all levels of command within the current and future force.
This effort is to meet the government’s objective to modernize the underlying AFATDS architecture, redesign the AFATDS front-end to a fully web- and role-based user interface, integrate common services made available through the Army’s Common Operating Environment (COE), and incorporate advanced embedded training technologies to aid in operator-initiated system instruction and refresher training.
- Responsible for managing PostgreSQL & MySQL efforts for complex, software development efforts
- Manages database functionality, in addition to executing backup and recovery processes to ensure no loss of capability
- Responsible for SQL performance and maintenance to ensure data validity
- Manages business process integration from multiple data sources
- Responsible for the management of user requests ranging from access control, backup, restore, refresh to non-production to performance tuning
- Participates in daily/weekly stand-ups, and supports the development of Technical Meeting Agendas via metrics reporting
- Manages production support and administration for architecture, software development and test teams
- Develops applications for system automation and integration to deliver high-quality software on a two-week sprint cadence
- BS and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience
- At least 3 years of hands-on experience in PostgreSQL & MySQL Database Administration/ Engineering
- Knowledge of standard Normalization, Stored Procedures, and creating User Defined Functions
- Strong Python programming skill and the ability to develop DBA applications for system automation and integration
- US citizenship and the ability to obtain a DoD SECRET security clearance
- Experience with NoMagic MagicDraw Data Modeler plugin.
- Basic understanding of Java.
- Experience in military regulations & familiarity with military applications.
- Experience with AFATDS, Army Common Operating Environment (COE) or other PM MC systems.
- Currently possess an active DoD SECRET security clearance.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Database Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.