The Defense Group at Leidos has an opening for an Oracle Data Integrator (ODI) Software Developer to work in our Chambersburg, PA office. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the National Level Ammunition Capability (NLAC) mission. In this mission we provide all encompassing IT services to our DoD customer. The project needs a hands on Oracle ODI Developer to build appropriate ELT processes in an Oracle environment. Work in a team environment to research, design, develop, and support a software system which is undergoing significant modernization.
- Work closely with functional and architecture teams to analyze business and IT requirements
- Design high level and low level ELT components that meet functional requirements and performance needs.
- Build and implement high performance ELT (Extraction, Load and Transform) process flows using appropriate ODI components to load packages for data warehousing. Debug mappings to resolve code issues. Perform unit and system testing of ELT packages
- Implement security configurations within ODI working closely with the Security and Architecture teams
- Implement interfaces for loading Source data into Staging area and Staging data into Dimension and Fact tables of the Reporting Data mart.
- Perform housekeeping activities of ODI platform, ODS and data flows
- Create load plans to run the scenarios in a hierarchy of sequential and parallel steps
- Develop stored procedures, functions, packages and database triggers using Oracle SQL*Developer and PL/SQL to improve query performance.
- Perform extensive data modeling activities using standard COTS tools.
- Extensively work with large Databases in Development, Testing and Production environments.
- Perform across the SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) from concept development, design, testing, implementation, integration and deployment
- Develop and maintain software technical documentation to assist with software and application maintenance and upgrades
- Closely work with the test team to develop test plans and procedures to ensure comprehensive testing of the ELT processes.
- Review existing programs and assist in making refinements, reducing operating time, and improving current development methods
- Collaborate in team environment and develop new solutions within a culture that embraces best practices and industry standard processes and delivery of high quality solutions
- Adheres to laws, standards, established guidelines and industry best practices for development and delivery of software applications.
- Telework occasionally.
A BS degree in computer science or related field and 2+ years of relevant experience or a Masters Degree in computer science or related field and with less than 2 years of relevant experience.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, design, develop, test, implement and troubleshoot applications
- Proficiency in Oracle ODI 12c (required) – including customizing Knowledge Modules using PL/SQL, Python, and/or Java
- Proficiency with working in Oracle 12c environment, SQL and PL/SQL (packages, stored procedures, triggers). Expertise in working with Oracle SQL*Developer
- Proficiency in data warehousing concepts, terminology, and architecture. Knowledge of dimensional modeling
- Experience working with multiple source/target systems such as Oracle, XML files, flat files and excel documents
- General knowledge of DISA STIGS and how they influence and establish best-practices within the IT environment
- Goal oriented and self-motivated
- Candidate must have the ability to work independently or within a team environment
- Strong oral and written communications skills with ability to create software design and engineering documents
- Must be able to explain technical details and issues clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences and be able to clearly and concisely explain system concepts and problems
- Ability to multi-task and deliver high quality work
- Ability to learn, excel and deliver at a quick pace is required
- Active Secret Security Clearance
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.