Leidos is hiring an IBM WebSphere System Administrator for our SSA ITSCC program in Windsor Mill, MD. In this role, you will administer enterprise systems on a daily basis. You will also utilize tools and technologies listed under skills to prepare then perform necessary steps to complete Installations, Migrations, Upgrades, Deployments, Troubleshooting, and Configurations on the Linux/Unix platform. You will develop automated methods to supported automated provisioning, configuration management, and application-deployments. The WebSphere Administrator will document, communicate, and implement the tools/technologies they utilize. You will also write technical white papers and document the design of proposed and new system, as well as reverse engineering existing systems.
Utilize your strong oral and written communications skills in order to clearly and effectively convey issues, reports, and other deliverables.
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, with minimum 8 years of relevant professional experience.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills to present ideas and concepts effectively.
- Experience in developing, maintaining, and supporting applications and computer/network operating system and other system software.
- Strong experience with IBM WebSphere Application Server (v8.5.5 and above) administration including but not limited to Installations, Migrations, Upgrades, Deployments, Troubleshooting, and Configurations on Linux/Unix.
- Experience with automated provisioning, configuration management, and application-deployment deployments using Red Hat Ansible.
- Experience automating application deployments for WebSphere using IBM UrbanCode Deploy.
- Strong experience with automated Administration Tasks using scripting languages such as Python/Jython, Groovy and Shell script.
- Experience developing build scripts using Apache Ant and Apache Maven.
- Knowledge of Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) administration.
- Experience with version control software such as Git/Bitbucket.
- Experience using Continuous Integration tools such as Jenkins.
- Knowledge of IBM Content Manager administration
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.