Leidos are a growing company delivering innovative technology and solutions focused on safeguarding critical capabilities and transformation in frontline services, our work in the United Kingdom includes addressing some of the most complex problems in defence, healthcare, government, safety and security, and transportation.
The Service Operations Manager runs a team of Service Operations Analysts that deliver ITIL process management and front line Service Desk activities for one of our clients. The Service Operations team will be responsible for initial contact, triage, delivering first line incident resolution where possible, and work with internal teams and suppliers to resolve incidents, problems and requests.
The Service Operations Manager is responsible for ensuring delivery of all ITIL services in line with SLA requirements, as well as developing the skills of the team members to ensure that there is a cover for all roles required within the team.
To build the foundation of a Service Management Centre with a view to expand and include other clients and offer resilience to our other Service Management Centre.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Deliver a professional and effective 24 hour service desk capability, office hours with out of hours capability, capable of hitting specific, measurable SLAs for incident resolution and request fulfilment.
- Ensure that a process-driven approach is taken to Incident, Request, Event, Asset and Access management through use of comprehensive Standard Operating Procedures that ensure a consistent approach is taken to each customer interaction.
- Deliver a structured approach to take on of new services as business develops and ultimately moves into live operation.
- Be responsible for the service transition, service readiness and decommission of operational services
- Supervise change management ensuring all objectives are being achieved.
- Take line management responsibility for all service operations staff ensuring clear objectives defined and being achieved through annual and interim reviews
- Be responsible for staff recruitment within service operations;
- Supervise and ensure knowledge management practice in place and being maintained
- Effectively manage a multi-skilled team, ensuring that there is cover for all key activities, liaising with other internal departments. Put in place a development programme that ensures that the team have clear development goals and career path.
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with key partner organisations and major business stakeholders and leverage them to ensure quality of service across all deliverables.
- Drive forward resolution on interdependent issues affecting the services delivered for our client.
- Provide high quality communication to stakeholders at all levels, both written and verbal, that clearly explain key issues and events affecting the client’s services delivered.
Minimum Qualification/Education Level:
- Experience in managing a service desk dealing with incidents and requests in a complex environment with multiple partners operating in 2nd and 3rd support tiers providing ITIL processes for our clients.
- As a minimum hold a qualification in ITIL Foundation. Specialising in Service Operations at an Intermediate or higher level would be an advantage.
- Candidate must hold a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline. Relevant experience may be substituted on a year for year basis.
- Experience in first line applications support and liaising with internal departments and suppliers.
- Excellent leadership and mentoring skills with a proven track record in leading a multi-skilled support team. Experience in upskilling a team to meet the requirements of a swiftly evolving business system landscape is essential.
- Possess or be able to obtain BPSS or higher
Key Result Areas:
- ITIL services delivered to end customers hit required SLA targets
- Clear processes and supporting SOP and Manual are in place for all key tasks undertaken by the team
- All interactions are recorded, assessed and triaged to the correct resolver group within required SLA and OLA targets
- Ensure that all interactions assigned to the service support team for resolution are resolved within SLA targets, with all actions taken recorded against the appropriate ticket
- Changes are recorded accurately and logged to ensure clear audit trail
- All team members have development plans in place and those plans are actioned as agreed with each individual. These plans align with target for multi-skilled team with no single points of failure.
- Established presence in wider stakeholder community as key point of contact for the client’s operational service provision
- Requirement for a CSI register that will be owned by the operations manager
- Ensure a business and service catalogue are in place and maintained
- Provide regular operational reporting to various stakeholders
- Measure, report and take relevant action on customer satisfaction and other survey results.
What do we do for you?
We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent.
Our reward scheme includes:
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
- Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, and cycle to work scheme)
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Other Clearance
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.