Leidos has an immediate opening for an experienced and motivated Senior Enterprise Security Cloud Engineer to join our Enterprise Security Architecture and Engineering (ESAE) Group. This position can be supported from Gaithersburg - MD, Reston - VA, or Orlando - FL. In this role, you will work with other seasoned Architects and Engineers to design, build, and protect Leidos’ Global AWS Infrastructure. The role focuses on developing and implementing Leidos' cloud defense strategy in AWS and balancing customer needs with security best practices. The role also includes authoring products to include Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Corporate Security Requirements for Cloud Operations teams.
- Act as a technical cybersecurity cloud subject matter expert (SME) to meet current and future security design, and architecture requirements for IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS implementations.
- Be a SME in the AWS capabilities, APIs, and shared security models for Leidos' enterprise cloud deployment
- Collaborate using information and knowledge sharing networks and professional relationships to achieve common goals.
- Be a Cybersecurity leader, and provide mentorship for less experienced cloud security engineers.
- Requires BS degree and 12–15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10–13 years of prior relevant experience.
- Demonstrated experience deploying/operating cloud security enterprise technologies
- Ability to obtain a secret clearance
- Ability to write and verbally communicate information security and risk-related concepts effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Must have strong problem-solving and analytical skills and demonstrate poise and ability to act calmly and competently in a fast paced environment.
- Demonstrated experience with the AWS services, APIs, and best practices.
- Foundational understanding of Hybrid Cloud/on-premises security best practices
- Experience with VPC configurations to effectively isolate different cloud environments
- Experience with industry standard virtualized networking components (Cloud application firewalls, Cloud Services Routers, Cloud Gateways, etc.)
- Fundamental understanding of networks and network protocols.
Special consideration will be given to candidates with any, or multiple, of the following qualifications:
- Demonstrated experience with the services, APIs, and best practices of multiple major cloud providers (AWS, Azure, Google).
- Experience securing common enterprise cloud applications (SaaS) to include enforcing 3rd party MFA solutions.
- Experience integrating security controls and logging from cloud environments to provide a holistic enterprise security view.
- Experience designing and maintaining security architectures at enterprise scale.
- Experience authoring enterprise cloud security policies, and establishing an enterprise cloud security strategy.
- Experience deploying or maintaining cloud access security broker (CASB) solutions.
- Experience working with mobile applications that rely on cloud-based software and/or data stores.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Security Architecture and Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.