At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself. We welcome your perspective and ideas, in order to foster collaboration and deliver world-class solutions. We look for solutions that not only transform businesses, but also change the world. We offer a robust benefits package including competitive salaries; company matching 401K Retirement Plan; comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage; tuition reimbursement and more.
The Defense Group at Leidos has a dynamic job opportunity for a Communications Engineer located in Manassas, VA. In this role you will support the Airborne Reconnaissance Low – Enhanced (ARL-E) program; ARL-E is a multi-year program supporting the U.S. Army with upgrading and enhancing the Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (ISR) capabilities of their airborne reconnaissance fleet. The ARL-E team is geographically separated with primary duty locations of Manassas, VA and Aberdeen, MD. The Communications Engineer will report to the Mission Integration Lead Engineer located in Aberdeen, MD.
Participate in engineering activities at any point in the system development life cycle including: systems analysis/requirements definition, design, development, integration, testing, fielding, and sustainment/maintenance.
- Manage the full life-cycle of multiple Radio Frequency and SATCOM Communication System Suites providing overall communications support for the ARL-E program.
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert to provide engineering solutions and recommendations to the onsite Field Service Representatives.
- Report directly to the Lead Integration Engineer; interact with operators, users, and the government customer in the delivery of RF and SATCOM systems and services.
- Engineering and analysis of the HF, UHF, VHF, SATCOM radio communications Suites and associated cryptographic equipment; develop engineering and design solutions to meet systems requirements.
- Provide hands-on support in the installation, integration and managing of the systems.
- Research technical data and documentation, perform calculations, complete analysis to troubleshoot complex communication systems
- Ensure program requirements are met by creating and performing unit and system-level tests and recommend systems upgrades
- Develope engineering preventive maintenance plans
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below
- A Bachelor’s Degree with 4+ years of related experience or a Master's degree with 2+ years of relevant experience; additional years of experience or military training may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Must possess an active DOD Top Secret/SCI security clearance
- Experience with UHF/VHF/HF radio systems, SATCOM equipment, cryptographic equipment, keying data transfer devices (DTD’s), RF Test Equipment (oscilloscopes, power meters, spectrum analyzers, multi-meters), basic electronic principles, and basic knowledge of networking equipment is required.
- Be willing to travel 50%
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs, and carry a distance of 100 yards as necessary
- Possess strong troubleshooting, problem-solving, organizational, and verbal/written communication skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite (i.e., Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Project and Outlook).
- Knowledge of AISR systems
- Distributed Common Ground System (DCGS) experience
- Tactical SIGINT Baseline (TSB) experience
- Experience in formal technical documentation writing
- Experience with integrating hardware into ISR Ground Stations and Airborne Platforms
- Configuration Management experience
- Experience with:
- L3 Wideband Communications Network
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 50% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Integration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.