Leidos's Military & Veterans Health Solutions Group has an opening for an Oracle Database Administrator on the DHMSM contract in Vienna, VA.
The DHMSM program provides modernization of Electronic Health Record (EHR) capabilities for the Department of Defense. The Leidos Partnership for Defense Health (LPDH) is seeking candidates for the systems engineering team to support a number of positions to define, implement, deploy and sustain new capabilities for the MHS GENESIS DoD EHR system.
Leidos is seeking a candidate to serve the DHMSM Oracle Database Administrator. The selected individual must be able to efficiently investigate complex database issues and provide solutions in a dynamic, complex, production environment. He/she must have the ability to effectively interface with customers, system administrators, database team members, software developers, and senior-level management. He/she will be expected to learn and understand data models and data architecture documents. Solutions developed to support the customer's needs will be written using SQL, PL/SQL, and scripting languages. Other tasks may include applying Oracle patches and upgrading the database structure, as well as tasks in data conversion and other database-centric process improvements.
- Design, build, configuration, documentation and operational support for SQL databases.
- Configuration, development and troubleshooting related to stored procedures and clustering of SQL databases
- Develop installation process plans and settings for site specific work related to the installations database
- Work with testing and Help Desk teams to conduct testing of installed systems to ensure proper operation. Perform remedial maintenance and troubleshooting to bring inoperative systems back to an operational state.
- Perform the integration of system and software as required
- Monitor and optimize database performance
- Execute database backups
- US Citizenship required-Must possess an active DoD public trust.
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree and 8+ years of experience as a DBE in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required
- Requires experience and knowledge of SQL databases to include configuration, clustering and stored procedures.
- Strong communication skills
- Able to function within a large development team; interfacing, creating schedules, briefings, and status reports
- Must be able to interact effectively with the team of engineers/developers AND customers
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Database Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.