Global Information Grid (GIG) Service Management-Operations (GSM-O), a program within the Defense and Intelligence Group of Leidos, has an opening for a Network Performance and Reliability Engineer. Our customer is the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) located at Scott AFB, IL and acts as the provider of GIG/Defense Information System Network (DISN) services to the Department of Defense (DoD) and national security organizations.
Details of the Role:
The team member will provide support to the Operational Engineer (OE) Service Delivery Manager (SDM) and the Performance Management Operations Manager as a member of the Performance Management (PM), Problem Management, and Network Reliability team.
The Network Performance and Reliability Engineer provides technical support and direction for a team of Network Analysts. The candidate will be responsible for collection, analysis, trending, proactive remediation measures to ensure continued operability and efficiency of the DISN. The candidate will also develop and utilize automation for continuous service improvement by means of scripts, databases, and other analysis tools available.
• Actively collect, track, analyze, and report network performance data and proactive remediation measures to ensure continued operability and efficiency of the DISN and JRSS networks
• Trend network data and develop event correlation procedures to identify recurring degradations in network availability
• Develop preventative measures and dashboard capabilities based on historical data trends to correlate signatures and identify root causes and suggest corrective action(s)
• Perform proactive monitoring of network element metrics and alarms to identify those components/elements that may lead to or already are causing network degradation or failure
• Perform examination of trouble tickets to identify positive and negative trends occurring in the network and develop courses of actions
• Correlate large diverse data sets including tickets, alarms, probes, and other performance data to identify trends and relations
• Utilize various query and scripting languages to automate process for network management and data collection
• Proven ability to communicate effectively with both technical staff and with business customers
• Strong organizational skills in order to actively monitor, track, analyze, report, and brief network issues
• Deliver best practice/experience-based process documentation guidance and assistance
• Coordinate with other contractor and government entities to ensure optimum dissemination of information and network efficiency
Education and Experience Required:
• Requires BS degree and 4 - 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain. Specific experience, education and training may be considered in lieu of degree
• Strong knowledge of Telecommunications, to include network appliances (e.g., routers, load balancers, domain name servers, firewalls)
• Knowledgeable on circuit provisioning, configuring, or troubleshooting Optical, satellite, or other transport devices and associated technologies
• Knowledgeable on ports and protocols
• Currently possesses an active DoD Secret Security Clearance with eligibility for a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI)
• Currently possess DoD 8570 certification at IAT level II, Security+ CE or CCNA Security
• Strong written and verbal communications and collaboration skills
• Experience with query languages and scripting languages such as python or perl
Additional Desired Qualifications
• Bachelor's degree in a relevant IT engineering discipline
• Understanding and Application of ITIL best practices including: Incident Management, Performance Management, and Request Fulfillment
• Experience with Splunk, CA Performance Management, CA eHealth
• Experience with Business Intelligence tools
• Experience with DWDM, SONET, and SDH technologies
• Experience with IP (CISCO, JUNIPER, etc)
• IPSEC configuration, troubleshooting, and design experience
• MPLS configuration, troubleshooting, and design experience
• IPV6 configuration, troubleshooting, and design experience
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.