Be part of a dynamic team in providing legal and technical services to support the Department of Justice and other U.S. Government agencies. From emails and instant messages, to serves, electronic devices, and social media systems, we’re equipped to meet the challenge of forensically capturing, reviewing, and illuminating the “smoking gun” evidence. Join us and make a difference.
Leidos is seeking a HIPAA Analyst II to join our Washington, D.C. team. The ideal candidate will follow established guidelines to investigate complaints alleging violations of the Privacy and Security Rules of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA). This includes performing legal research, gathering, preparing, and summarizing relevant materials for use by attorneys and other legal counsel, as well as maintaining case files, indexing and tracking documents, and responding to citizen correspondence and telephone calls.
• Independently reviews a high volume of alleged HIPAA compliance violations including access, health information privacy, and security and provides initial recommendations on addressing those complaints
• Analyzes information provided and allegations raised by complainants concerning U.S. HIPAA statutes
• Drafts administrative closure letters
• Provides technical assistance to covered entities to facilitate the resolution of complaints
• Conducts administrative work associated with the disposition of health information privacy and security complaints
- Bachelor’s degree, paralegal certificate, or equivalent experience.
- Experience reviewing and analyzing documents
- Ability to make quick, reasoned decisions
- Familiarity with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA)
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to develop partnerships with external and internal stakeholders to advance the agency’s mission
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills (i.e. Expertise in legal research, including use of LexisNexis and Westlaw, or equivalent, writing, and analytics)
- Customer service background
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust security clearance
• Knowledge and experience with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health (HITECH) Act, Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and various civil rights laws as well as the ability to use this knowledge in performing tasks;
• Experience in the health sector, with medical practices, institutions, health insurance, and/or other HIPAA-covered entities;
• Ability to absorb substantial subject matter, think independently, apply law to fact, and offer measured responses to the general public
• Experience in public speaking, or ability to communicate professionally with the public
• Strong interest in civil rights
• J.D. or master’s degree preferred
Leidos is growing! Connect with us on LinkedIn and Facebook.
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:SCA Paralegal
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.