Unleash your talents at Leidos! Grow and advance in your career by letting Leidos challenge you with world toughest technical problems. Leidos has a career opportunity for a talented Test Engineer with AFATDS/ Fires Systems Subject Matter Expertise located in Abingdon, MD.
In this role you will support a critical modernization effort of the Advanced Field Artillery Tactical Data System (AFATDS). The candidate will work closely with capability development teams to verify software functionality, in addition to collaborating with the training support team to document processes. This effort is to meet the government’s objective to modernize the underlying AFATDS architecture, redesign the AFATDS front-end to a fully web- and role-based user interface, integrate common services made available through the Army’s Common Operating Environment (COE), and incorporate advanced embedded training technologies to aid in operator-initiated system instruction and refresher training.
- Define, document, analyze, perform, and interpret developmental tests for new and/or modified system components
- Investigate and resolve operational problems in conjunction with other engineering and technical personnel
- Provide technical support to other engineering groups
- Participate in User Acceptance Testing (UAT), System Testing (ST), Smoke Testing (SmT) and Integration/Interface Testing (IT), and Regression Testing (RT)
- Maximize test automation and participate in test driven development activities including Contractor System Test (CST)
- Produce test reports
- Document and manage defect identification through resolution and closure
- Work as a member of a Capability Development Team, providing guidance associated with system functionality and usability
- Works with program SMEs, both local and remote, to educate development personnel on the nuances associated with the legacy system
- Assist with manual test case development, working with development teams to define testing requirements
- Participates in daily/weekly stand-up meetings with architecture and development teams to drive sprint deliveries
- BS and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience
- Required expertise with Fires Systems and functionality
- Experience with test process development, test case design, test procedure development, test execution, system evaluation and test reporting
- Experience with requirements traceability, system-of-systems integration and testing, test planning, development and execution testing including experience with Army products and interfaces
- Ability to isolate and resolve problems, document bugs, regress and close issues while working on particular application releases
- Experience with automated test and test driven development concepts, tools, and languages
- Experience with Red Hat Linux and Windows Operating Systems
- Experience with network architecture and communications
- Good verbal, written, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency with MS Office Products (Word, Excel, Visio, & PowerPoint)
- US citizenship and the ability to obtain a DoD SECRET security clearance
- Currently possess an active DoD SECRET security clearance
- Experience with Command and Control (C2) systems
- Basic understanding of Army and Marine fire mission processing
- Experience with AFATDS, Army Common Operating Environment (COE) or other PM MC systems
- Familiarity with VMF (and other Army communication standards)
- Familiarity with MIL-STD-188-220 and other military standards
- Familiarity with Extensible Map Platform; NASA WorldWind, GeoServers and other Map technologies
- Understanding of RS-232/422, TCP/IP, UDP/IP, NLB network protocols
- Experience working with Raytheon Taclink modems and tactical radios (R/T 1523, AN/PRC 152(A), AN/PRC 117G, AN/PRC 155 )
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Testing and Quality Assurance
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.