The Defense group with Leidos is seeking a Navy Surface Sonar Technician who will support AN/SQQ-89A(V)15 systems ashore and afloat. Candidate will be responsible for system installations, certifications, and operations and maintenance.
• Work closely with the customer to provide In-Service fleet support to the AN/SQQ-89(V)15 US Navy and FMS systems
• Provide onsite subject matter expertise to repair components and sub-systems of the AN/SQQ-89(V)15
• Perform installation, evaluation, and test of electrical/electronic systems, combat systems, HM&E equipment.
• Plan and conduct projects for electronic systems of various scopes.
• Review installation drawings and electronic schematics to evaluate plans and troubleshoot issues discovered.
• Ensure serviceability of equipment delivered to installation activities along with providing care, protection, maintenance, and inspection of equipment.
• Prepare reports detailing test conducted, analyzed results, progress, remaining work to be completed, issues encountered, and recommendations for change.
• Participate in and make recommendations to various working groups.
• May supervise small technical team during execution of a project.
• Trains and mentors junior technicians.
Technical school diploma or ST “A” school graduate and 3+ years of prior relevant experience
Excellent written communication and grammatical skills
Excellent organizational skills
Ability to collaborate effectively across multiple teams and coordinate deadlines
Must maintain a DoD Secret Security Clearance
Preferred Qualifications (not required):
System LAN operation and administration
Fault Detection / Isolation / Localization
Remove and replace procedures
AN/SQQ-89A (V) 15 Technician
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Field Services
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.