Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Lead the development of front-end and back-end capabilities across diverse product lines and products.
- Support the adoption of modern development best practices.
- Support open source participation and enable meaningful contributions from diverse users globally.
- Enable large-scale application and data migrations to cloud infrastructure and leverage cloud-native enabling technologies.
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or other Technical Discipline or equivalent professional experience and a minimum of 5 years of experience.
- Experience with databases such as SQL/SQLAlchemy, ZeroMQ, etc.
- Proven track record of delivering highly-performant and scalable software solutions, and commitments to customers.
- Proficient in distributed version control systems (DVCS) such as git/GitHub.
- Proficient with unit testing using Junit or similar technologies.
- Experience working on agile (e.g., Scrum, XP, Kanban) teams.
- Experience with building RESTful microservices.
- Experience with JMS enterprise messaging technologies such as ActiveMQ or ZeroMQ.
- Experience with static analysis (e.g., Semmle, Coverity, SonarQube) and remediation.
- Extensive knowledge of best practices in software design, object-oriented programming and design patterns.
- Familiar with infrastructure automation technologies (e.g., Ansible).
- Familiar with deployment and operations in cloud infrastructure (e.g., AWS).
- Demonstrable knowledge and implementation of modern 3rd party tools, frameworks and APIs to drive efficiency, performance and robustness to our software solutions.
- Experience building responsive and cross-browser compatible web applications with a strong UI focus.
- Knowledge of best practices & patterns for large scale web applications.
- Experienced in a collaborative fast-paced agile development environment.
- Excellent communication skills; superior organizational and analytical skills.
- Experience with planetary data systems or space data standards.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.