Are you interested in continuing your career in Europe in a mission focused environment? Leidos has established upcoming positions throughout the European theater supporting multiple customers for the Department of Defense. We are looking for experienced, innovative and motivated IT Specialists to support enablement EUCOM’s mission objectives. Our Defense Group has an excellent opportunity for an experienced, self-directed, Service Desk Technician. This position is in support of two Department of Defense (DoD) organizations, US EUCOM and US AFRICOM located OCONUS in Stuttgart, Germany. This position is required to travel OCONUS. You must hold an active Secret clearance to qualify.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Maintaining, analyzing, troubleshooting and repairing personal computer systems, hardware, software, computer peripherals, and end user devices.
- Assisting users via remote access and phone. Provide support to users in resolving problems using service desk center tools.
- Providing support in the areas of electronic mail, account creation and maintenance, standard desktop applications, and above baseline COTS and GOTS applications.
- Conducting triage and troubleshooting incoming issues and work with other teams as needed to identify root cause and resolution.
- Ensuring tickets are addressed within identified Critical Success Factors (CSF) and in alignment with ITIL best practices.
- Ensuring all actions are professionally and thoroughly documented within the ticketing system.
- Managing multiple device configuration including end user device support may be required.
- Assisting in the creation and maintenance of documentation and SOPs.
- Possessing excellent problem-solving and customer service skills, as well as extensive experience with desktop hardware, software applications, operating systems and network connectivity.
- Maintaining and demonstrating customer service-orientation and a proactive approach in anticipating and resolving problems while maximizing efficient use of computing resources.
- Communicating clearly and succinctly both written and orally, and present products and ideas in a business-like manner.
- Working in dynamic fast paced environment that require team interaction and coordination of efforts.
- Demonstrating experience in interfacing with both client managers and system users.
- Supporting systems, users and applications on a geographically dispersed Windows 10 Enterprise network.
- Providing Event Management, Incident Management, Problem Management, Request Fulfillment, Change Management, and Change Evaluation support.
- Providing Enhanced Trusted Agent (ETA) Support Services and Multi-Factor Authentication support services.
- Providing 24x7x365 support.
•Must hold and maintain active DOD Secret Clearance
•BA/BS + 3 years recent specialized or AA/AS +5 years recent specialized or a major cert + 7 years recent specialized or 9 years of recent specialized experience
•Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate MCSA: Windows 10/Office 365
•DOD 8570 IAT 2 compliance
•ITIL v3 – Foundation
•Automation using Microsoft PowerShell, VBScript, or batch files
•Adaptable to changing circumstances and operational needs
•Understanding of Department of Defense Military standards
•Experience working with basic networking to include foundations of Cisco Routers and Switches
•Experience with DoD IT security requirements
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Customer Support
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.