Are you interested in continuing your career in Europe in a mission focused environment? Leidos has an excellent opportunity for an experienced, self-directed, Audio Visual/VTC Technician. This position requires travel OCONUS and an active DOD Top Secret/SCI Clearance to qualify.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Demonstrating excellent problem-solving and customer service skills, as well as thorough knowledge of AV/VTC hardware, software and network connections.
- Scheduling VTC sessions in VTC bridges, hands-on experience with debugging the inter-operation of VTC bridges and end points, as well as experience setting up, maintaining and troubleshooting AV equipment (displays, microphones, sound boards etc.)
- Installing, configuring, and maintaining VTC endpoints.
- Installing and configuring VTC applications, system software and upgrades.
- Troubleshooting and repairing hardware and network connectivity issues.
- Removing old equipment and performing data migration to new machines.
- Supporting AV requirements for Command events and ceremonies.
- Maintaining, analyzing, and troubleshooting hardware, software, computer peripherals, and AV equipment.
- Assisting employees via remote access, phone, or in person and mentoring or training other Audio Visual/VTC Technicians.
- Demonstrating customer service-oriented and proactive approach in anticipating and resolving problems while maximizing efficient use of resources.
- Communicating clearly and succinctly both written and orally, and present products and ideas in a business-like manner.
- Working in dynamic fast paced environments that require team interaction and coordination of efforts.
- Interfacing with both client managers and system users.
- Operating, monitoring and managing all networked AV systems in the EMCC to include AV routing matrix, integrated computer systems, network infrastructure, lighting, and associated peripherals.
- Developing, maintaining and updating VTC Control Devices. As time allows, support the various VTC rooms throughout their Area of Responsibility.
- Conducting user training, providing status briefs, developing, updating and maintaining SOPs and operational guides on AV systems.
- Providing initial troubleshooting regardless of IT system/device or network and/or service provider.
- Providing remote support and/or travel to customer sites as required.
- Must hold an active and current DOD Top Secret/SCI Clearance
- BA/BS + 4 years, or AA/AS +5 years, or a major cert + 7 years, or 9 years of recent specialized experience
- CCNA – Video
- CompTIA Security + (IAT Level II or greater)
- TESA Eligibility
- ITIL v3 – Foundation
- CTS (Certified Technology Specialist)
- AMX/Crestron/ThinkLogical Certifications
- Adaptable to changing circumstances and operational needs
- Understanding of Department of Defense Military standards
- Experience working with basic networking to include foundations of Cisco Routers and Switches
- Experience with DoD IT security requirements
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.