Leidos has an excellent opportunity for an experienced, self-directed, Technical Writer. This position is in support of a Department of Defense (DoD) organization, US EUCOM located OCONUS in Stuttgart, Germany. You must carry an active DOD Secret clearance to qualify.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
• Documenting the specifications, design, features, and operation of applications.
• Writing and editing user manuals, help systems and other technical documents. Designing and formatting documents using document-creation software. Interviewing developers and other technical resource personnel and subject matter experts (SMEs) to ensure the accuracy of all information presented.
• Creating training documentation.
• Managing updates and revisions to technical literature.
• Working with QA, Product Management, and Development teams.
• Researching and writing documentation for it systems.
• Preparing technical presentations, security documentation, user guides, and official correspondence.
• Assisting with testing activities, maintaining file folders, taking and preparing technical minutes for meetings.
• Evaluating legacy documentation and restructure it according to a Standardized Documentation Architecture that includes Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Quick Reference Guides, and Checklists.
• Demonstrating customer service-orientation and proactive nature in anticipating and resolving problems while maximizing efficient use of resources.
• Communicating clearly and succinctly both written and orally, have strong leadership skills, and present products and ideas in a business-like manner.
• Working in dynamic fast paced environments that require team interaction and coordination of efforts.
• Demonstrating experience in interfacing with both client managers and system users.
• Maintains systems baseline documentation to include Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Tactics Techniques and Procedures (TTPs), and installation documentation.
• Providing remote support and/or travel to customer sites as required.
• Must hold and maintain an active DOD Secret Clearance
• BA/BS + 3 years, or AA/AS + 5 years or a major cert + 7 years, or 9+ years of recent specialized experience
• Excellent English writing, editing, proofreading skills
• CompTIA Security + (IAT Level II or greater)
• Must have substantial knowledge of the capabilities of computer systems and networks
• Proven working experience in technical writing of software documentation
• Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable in text and pictures
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
• TESA eligibility
• ITIL v3 – Foundation
• Automation using Microsoft PowerShell, VBScript, or batch files
• Adaptable to changing circumstances and operational needs
• Understanding of Department of Defense Military standards
• Experience with DoD IT security requirements
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Writing and Editing
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.