Advanced knowledge of Storage operation systems to include NetApp OnTap (9.X) included reporting OCI, SRM, Splunk applications. Provide Tier 2 and Tier 3 server administration for the operating systems within the control of the service line and associated applications. This can occur on any of the three shifts to provide 24x7x365 (except for Federal holidays where support will be provided on a call back basis) The Contractor shall provide Senior level (advanced) system administration activities and immediate troubleshooting efforts when contacted by the National Service Desk (NSD) to ensure outages or incidents have been identified and are pending resolution within 24 hours for our storage customers.
Implementation of security hardening requirements and configurations per VA counterpart instructions outlined in Service Requests and Change Orders. Communicates to project managers, team members, other technical administrators and/or end users the status of work performed and findings with tickets, incidents, and problems. Work Schedule Tuesday – Saturday 15:00 - 23:59
- Work in a large infrastructure environment supporting Data Center activities.
- Preforms troubleshooting and works incidents and problems.
- Works to resolve issues in a timely manner and determine fault or underlying issue.
- Works with both customer and vendor personnel.
- Maintains patching, manages certificates, and remediates known vulnerabilities.
- Escalates or transfer tickets appropriately to VA staff that can resolve the issue further according to service line requirements.
- Coordinates with stakeholders for ticket status or request system changes.
- Maintain accurate documentation for assigned work space and procedures, updating procedures including, but not limited to software and hardware layers
- Bachelors’ Degree with 5 years of applicable experience or 13 years of experience in lieu of degree.
- Must be US Citizen able to obtain and maintain a Public Trust Clearance. Requirement of Federal contract.
- 3 years Storage administration
- Must be able to perform basic storage administrative task such as but not limited to provisioning and decommissioning storage using primarily NetApp
- Must be knowledgeable working on the CISCO MDS9710 & MDS 9718 storage switches.
- Must be able to install, configure, manage, and troubleshoot in a multi-vendor, multi-petabyte, enterprise class storage environment spanning multiple sites
- Remote Desktop, RDCM
- Service Now
- Scripting is a plus
- Able to install, configure, manage, and troubleshoot VMAX 200K
- Familiar with replication and perform other such advance storage activities on the same platforms
- Administration with Storage Area Network (SAN) and/or Network Attached Storage (NAS) experience
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.