Invent the future with Leidos! At Leidos, we pride ourselves on tackling world’s toughest technical problems through innovation. Leidos has a career opportunity for a Senior Software Engineer in Abingdon, MD to support a critical modernization effort of the Advanced Field Artillery Tactical Data System (AFATDS). In this role you will work closely with architecture, capability development teams, and subject matter experts to verify software functionality and automate testing.
AFATDS is a complex, software modernization program, inclusive of multiple stakeholders including the U.S. Army, U.S. Marine Corps and the TRADOC Capability Manager. As a senior contributor, you will work within a multi-discipline team to develop, test, and deliver software via an agile methodology. The position requires strong development skills in order to support program goals of enhancing usability, improving functionality, and supporting system integration.
- Work in an integrated team capacity, frequently coordinating with architects, Capability Development Teams and subject matter experts/test engineers
- Design and implement overall automated testing software infrastructure to support modular test management and execution
- Design, develop, troubleshoot, and debug automated test scripts for mission critical software using modern test automation tools such as Squish, Selenium, Cucumber, Postman, Protractor
- Serve as a liaison between Integration and Automation Testing, refining processes and tools
- Provide technical mentoring to junior level software engineers in building automated test software
- Define, document, analyze, perform, and interpret developmental tests for new and/or modified system components
- Use Jira, Confluence, BitBucket development operations, collaboration and source control tools
- Participate and conduct peer reviews of automated test scripts
- Investigate and resolve operational problems in conjunction with other engineering and technical personnel.
- Participate in User Acceptance Testing (UAT), System Testing, Smoke Testing and Integration Testing, Interface Testing, and Regression Testing
- Document and manage defect identification through resolution and closure
- BS and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
- US citizenship and the ability to obtain a DoD SECRET security clearance
- Experience with automated test and test driven development concepts, tools, and languages; Cucumber, Squish, Selenium, Postman, JUnit, UFT, Protractor, etc.
- Experience testing web services, including REST-based services using serialization formats such as JSON and/or XML
- Experience working with Linux, and Atlassian - Confluence, Jira, Bitbucket, as well as the standard Microsoft Office suite
- Experience with all aspects of developing and executing automated tests, including conducting peer code reviews and mentoring/leading team members
- Experience with Objected Oriented Analysis, Design and Programming and Java/J2EE technologies
- Experience in User Interface development technologies (Angular)
- Familiar with Unified Modeling Language (UML)
- Experience with test process development, test case design, test procedure development, test execution, system evaluation and test reporting
- Experience with requirements traceability, system-of-systems integration and testing, test planning, development and execution testing
- Ability to isolate and resolve problems, document bugs, regress and close issues while working on particular application releases
- Good verbal, written, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency with MS Office Products (Word, Excel, Visio, & PowerPoint)
- Experience with OSGi
- Currently possess an active DoD SECRET security clearance
- Familiarity with VMF (and other Army communication standards)
- Familiarity with Military Standards, eg., 882E, 2525, or Cyber
- Experience with network architecture and communications
- Experience with Command and Control (C2) systems or distributed weapon systems
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.