Support the Customer’s centralized point of entry for external entities seeking authorized access to Customer products and information. Provide knowledgeable, professional technical and business process support to appropriately handle incoming information requests from a variety of sources. Help the Customer to improve their IT systems and business processes over time to increase self-service and decrease manual processing for recurring requests. Understand the available data holdings, relevant tools and technology, and business processes related to the authorized release of data/information, and assist external entities to navigate this. Maintain situational awareness of global events to better understand customer needs and be proactive in understanding recurring requests/tasks. Attention to detail and the ability to handle complex and potentially sensitive inquiries is essential. Maintain accurate and detailed records and audit logs, and collect and analyze team performance metrics. Be able to learn and incorporate new IT systems into business processes as they become available.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities:
- Working independently, appropriately handle unique, complex data/information requests from a variety of external Government users/entities; effectively utilize IT systems and current business processes to handle requests efficiently and effectively
- Support efforts to improve IT systems to handle data/information requests in a more automated, less manual manner; generate/define requirements to improve technology in support of evolving business processes
- Provide Customer/managers with status and performance information in a timely manner; keep meticulous records
- Interact frequently and effectively with external Government entities, the Customer, and team members
- Understand clearly when incoming requests raise security or authorization concerns that should be escalated to senior customer management for review before taking action; understand the Customer’s business processes and constraints and apply that context to new and unique situations as they arise to make appropriate autonomous decisions.
- Proven customer service skills
- Must possess a calm and reassuring manner when dealing with external entities and internal Customers
- Ability to adapt to changing work requirements with multiple tasks and priorities; be flexible and able to juggle multiple priorities
- Strong computer skills; proven experience with Microsoft Office Applications
- Working knowledge of world geography and good understanding of global current events/political situation
- High school diploma or equivalent and 3-5 years’ prior relevant experience. Demonstrated problem solving and analytical skills. Demonstrated ability to learn/adapt/apply new processes, tools, and techniques. Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including experience working directly with customers and high-ranking individuals.
- Experience or working knowledge of Customer Relations Management Systems; Ability to recognize trends of data and recurring data requests, and to respond proactively.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Customer Support
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.