- As the Technical Lead, the individual focuses on the identification and implementation of strategic improvements, and suggest solutions that are consistent with the customer's vision and mission. Coordinates with the customer on the prioritization of requirements and implementation of a schedule for all approved/accepted requirements. Ensures adherence to both Industry and customer standards and best practices, and compliance to any applicable board and reviews. Remains cognizant of respective day-to-day tactical issues, ensuring that the assigned staff is achieving required performance levels. Monitors and documents staff activities to help verify consistent processes and procedures are being executed.
- As the Senior IT Network Engineer, the individual satisfies the following IT requirements, with support from assigned staff as necessary:
- Administer the customer's client-server networking configuration
- Maintain and configure local area networks (LAN) and wide area networks (WAN)
- Update, configure and deploy Layer 2 and Layer 3 switches
- Configure and deploy Windows servers and Windows OS workstations in a network domain environment
- Configure and maintain Ethernet and TCP/IP (with DHCP) networks
- Install and update server software licensing
- Install Microsoft Exchange servers and firewall systems
- Terminate Fiber Optic (ST-SC-LC) and CAT-5 cabling
- Provide procurement support to acquire software, software maintenance and hardware (not associated with enterprise software/hardware)
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Requires 12 – 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 – 13 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain. Experience will be considered in lieu of decree.
- Demonstrated experience working with configuration of routers, firewalls, mail servers, and VPN Virtual Private Network appliances
- Demonstrated experience with managing and prioritizing multiple tasks and adapting to changing requirements
- Demonstrated experience working as part of a team
- Demonstrated customer service and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated writing/presentation skills
- Possess TS/SCI clearance (with poly) on contract start date
- Certified as a MCSE (Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer) through a recognized professional or educational organization
- Experience managing a facility cable plant, integrating new hardware and software, and addressing system outages
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.