Leidos is seeking a Software Development Engineer to support exciting projects with NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL) in Pasadena, CA.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Develop data processing software for a special studies ground team to implement in a U.S. Government enterprise architecture.
- Responsible for all stages of the software product life cycle – planning, analyzing, coding, designing, integrating, testing, deploying and providing support for production.
- Define software use-cases, requirements and interfaces.
- Interact with Data Scientists to convert prototype algorithms into automated, robust data processing software.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline with a minimum of 12 years of software engineering or related experience.
- TS/SCI Security Clearance.
- Experience developing with one or more of the following technologies (Python, C/C++).
- Software development experience in team environment using software configuration management software.
- Ability to establish and follow an enterprise framework for all phases of software development: requirements, design, development, testing, and delivery.
- Experience working with structures and/or thermal design and analysis.
- This position requires a US citizen who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
- Advanced degrees and certifications.
- Familiar with JPL, NASA, or DoD practices and standards.
- Knowledgeable of software languages (MATLAB, XML, JSON, Java, CUDA, Markup).
- Understands data file formats and image processing software and tools.
- Experience with software support tools for version control, issue tracking, collaboration, automation, containerization, document generation (JIRA, GIT, Artifactory, Confluence, Jenkins, Docker, Sphinx).
- Knowledgeable of Cloud Solutions (Amazon Web Services (AWS)).
- Familiar with software code analyzers/audit tools (Coverity, Semmle).
- Experience with utilizing mathematical models and algorithms related to image chain processing.
- Ability and willingness to learn new software skills as needed to perform project tasks.
- Ability to work in a complex multi-task, schedule-driven environment.
- Ability and initiative to perform effectively with minimal day-to-day oversight.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.