Are you ready to work on projects that can potentially change the world? Join us at Leidos, where your most important work is ahead! You will be proud to say you work with Leidos because not only do we treat our employees like an important part of our business, everything we do is built on our commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our employees, and our communities. You will enjoy great benefits such as 5 weeks of Paid Time Off, Flexible Schedules, Discounted Stock Purchase Plans, Education and Training Support and more! If this sounds like the kind of place where you can thrive, keep reading!
The Leidos Intelligence Group in has a Systems Administrator opportunity on our large, multi-year contract for the development, integration, deployment and sustainment of large collection systems. The work being done on this Leidos-led, prime contract is extremely important to the government and offers its team members the opportunity to work autonomously and explore new technologies. Join a tremendous technical team solving hard problems with true mission relevance on emerging technologies.
The Junior Systems Administrator will provide WINDOWS and LINUX System Administration support to Mission Systems.
- Account creation, configuration, troubleshooting, and maintenance
- Software deployment, configuration, troubleshooting, and maintenance
- System build, deployment, configuration, troubleshooting, and maintenance
- Virtual environment build, deployment, configuration, troubleshooting, and maintenance
- Storage build, deployment, configuration, troubleshooting, and maintenance
- File transfers (to restricted locations)
- Security (file and system), configuration, troubleshooting, and maintenance
- Logging (system) configuration, troubleshooting, and maintenance
- IAVA patching
- STE compliance
- Network Troubleshooting
- Active TS/SCI with polygraph
- Bachelors Degree in a Technical field or relevant certifications. Experience in lieu of degree will be considered on a case by case basis
- Two (2) or more years related experience
- Requires someone with high energy and high initiative.
- Experience with both LINUX and WINDOWS System Administration
- VMware experience
- Within the last year, 1 year of experience in any one of the following specializations listed below. Candidates with a Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Math, or related technical field do not need to meet the specialization requirement
- Signal Analysis
- Modern Tele-communications System and Networks
- Telephony Switching Systems
- Communication Systems
- Cellular/Personal Communications Systems
- TDM/PCM Multiplexing / Modulation /Switching Systems
- Packet Switching Systems
- Systems Engineering
- Advanced Protocols
- NetApp experience
- Centrify experience is desired.
- Understanding of information security principles and practices.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.