The Litigation Support Staff at the Antitrust Division of the U.S. Department of Justice in Washington, DC is in need of a SQL Server Database Administrator with a specific skill set to work with our database administrators for up to 2 years (through Dec 2021) or longer.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Install and configure new Microsoft SQL Server instances, including AlwaysOn availability groups and failover clustering.
- Install SQL Server service packs and updates.
- Configure and manage SQL Security settings and apply STIG settings.
- Make system design recommendations according to Microsoft SQL Server best practices.
- Manage database backup & recovery & DR planning.
- Create, modify, and optimize SQL Server Agent jobs and maintenance plans.
- Proactively monitor SQL Server maintenance tasks, troubleshoot failed jobs and resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Utilize SQL Server Policy Based Management to validate configurations across the enterprise.
- Troubleshoot application slowness and performance issues.
- Responsible for T-SQL index & query tuning, and optimizing queries/indexes for very large databases, 30+ million record tables, multi-terabyte databases.
- Responsible for database migrations and server upgrades.
- Create and edit technical documentation as requested according to ATR standards.
- Develop documentation and training of routine database administration tasks and train server operations staff on these tasks.
- Responsible for ETL of large text files (1 TB +) into SQL Server
- Author and modify SQL Server Reporting Services reports.
- Responsible for SQL Server Capacity planning
- Perform SQL Server integration with enterprise applications.
- T-SQL Programming
- Perform additional tasks as assigned
- Provide weekly status reports to Government management.
- Operational Status Report - Report will include the operational status for the week, downtime, job failures, restores performed, other issues, etc.
- Engineering Status Report- Report will include status updates on engineering tasks and projects.
- Bachelor's (or equivalent) plus 8+ years of experience, including 6+ years working as a Microsoft SQL Server Database Administrator (DBA).
- 6+ years w/ Development and integration of SQL database services in an enterprise environment.
- 3+ years working w/ large databases (1 TB+)
- 3+ years working in a clustered Windows environment.
- 2+ years working w/ AlwaysOn Availability Groups.
- 3+ years w/ SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- 3+ years w/ SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Familiarity supporting Litigation Support applications, specifically kCura Relativity 9/10.
- Certified by Microsoft in SQL Server Database Administration.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Business Systems Analysis
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.